Artist: Sky Technology

Title: The Pleiadian Connection EP

Label: Timewarp Records

Date: September, 2013

1. Life or Coma Dream

2. Lemuria

3. Stars Come Down

4. The Pleiadian Connection

My son is at the stage where if he likes something he gives it the thumbs up. If he really likes it he holds up both his hands and says, "10 thumbs up!"

The other day he said my chocolate chip pancakes get 11 thumbs up.

1Ze2rDk.gif

I turned around and shouted, "Put your pants back on!"

Sky Technology is Dmitriy Kolosovskiy and his style is a fusion of the power and barely restrained chaos of Filteria and the hypnotic cosmic spaceflight that exemplifies E-mantra. Pretty high praise methinks. This is melodic beauty for sure, but thanks to some Italians anytime we see the word Pleiadian attached to a release we tend to lose our sh*t a little bit and maybe have some unrealistic expectations.

But it is an effective marketing strategy no?

I think everyone who listens to goa trance these days knows this guy is supremely talented. From his EP's Time and Space and Next Visions the ahem, sky's the limit for this guy. And for the most part he delivers here as well. He begins with a thick and complex downtempo track Life of Coma Dream. This is the coalescence of many layers and when the comparisons to E-mantra come to mind. It's beautiful. Lemuria is a no holds barred melee if a little uninteresting and Stars Come Down blows through brick walls with its power. Not a lot to chew on, but still very good. The last track typifies what I think Dmitiy is capable of. It's also some powerful, churning goa trance that will captivate as it cycles through its progressions. Loud and dense it is an example of the Filteria E-mantra hybrid. E-Teria if you will.

And that's how I would describe this. Very good, but not great. I give it 7.5 thumbs up thereby ensuring that my pants remain securely fastened around my waist.

Beatport

Mdk

• 9 months later...

ST can make some amazing downtempo like Life Or Coma Dream superb track. I think the hard hitting bassline needed to be toned down as I feel it takes away from the great melodies in Lemuria and Pleiadian Connection. I didn't personally like Stars Come Down, it came off too disharmonious. Otherwise solid ep.

By the way I based the cover off of the full album artwork. Maybe we might see it one day and you'll know what I mean.