6. Orbiting - WIZACK TWIZACK
7. Organic Interface - PSILOCYBIAN
8. Dark Tale - SPIRIT ARCHITECT
9. DNP2 - HYDROGENERATOR
10. Why can you control time - BODHI TREE

I know quality when I see it.

2NPRKpo.jpg

Awe.some.

Whether Hector Ovnimoon is performing or running a label his work is of very high quality. What's not to love? The music emanating from this guy is layered and melodic, thick with atmosphere and psychedelia. And now he's got a sub label for goa trance? I might just have to give him my credit card to keep on file. I almost missed this release, but eventually it got the attention it deserves.

Minimal Session- "Leading medical researchers on youngsters have shown that marijuana is the most dangerous drug."

Said every old white man who wished he had tried it in his youth. Ever.

The opening track is minimal in structure, but that's where the similarities end. Gooey and bubbling sounds come to a frothy head making it seem fuller than your dad's minimal. Nothing spectacular, but a good opener.

Floating in the Space- Protoactive is Allen Feytor and he's come up with some great tunes. Leaving the minimal landscape behind we are now hiking in wide open melodic progressive country. Bass sweeps and synth layers are the order of the day. Changes in time happen smoothly with this one.

Aftermath 11- There is a definite robotic feel to this track and I mean that in a good way.

Crystal- One of the leaders in the progressive scene Nerso needs no introduction. His distinctive echoing style is on full display as sounds bounce off each other. There is a darkness here as chunky leads tumble over each other like water molecules. Super.

Energy of Life- El jefe delivers a track that now climbs into psy-gressive territory. Aggressive along with juicy sounds and goa tendencies. He's got his foot on the reverb pedal and it ain't coming off anytime soon. Deep pads and a sh*tload of atmosphere. This is the soundtrack to outer space. Outstanding.

Orbiting- "Tell us how to get back to Earth, I beg you!"

VNIPkSs.gif

No, no really...the key, th-the key is right there! It's already in the ignition. You don't have to...that's not how you jump start...

*sigh*

If you see Wizack on the track list you know things are gonna get psychedelic. Known primarily for his dark side this is perhaps the leas dark track I've heard from him. Crazy leads though, and I hear some 303's in there which makes me smile.

Organic Interface- "I know this is gonna sound crazy, in fact this is kinda crazy, but what if the object was symbiotic in nature. Just say that it wasn't entirely mechanical, that it needed some type of organic interface."

Sasa Dukic is one of the best psytrance producers out there not to mention a helluva nice guy. His albums Dreamtime and Brain Dissolver are exactly what psytrance should be. That opening sample and what he does to it sets the tone. Cyber juicy leads are everywhere with a sinister backdrop. The short break brings in a new lead all the while keeping in pumping.

Dark Tale- More psy-gressive that takes you in. Not as deep as the other tracks, but not bad.

DNP2- I wasn't aware that this project was still active. Surprise surprise. It's full on psytrance now with the darkest track yet. And boy are they giving the business to Tokyo Electric.

Why Can't You Control Time-

They end this ride with a psychedelic downtempo track that is anything but relaxing. High speed percussion and a thumping kick hammer the point home.

Great compilation and in a time when a lot of labels struggle to do one thing very well, this one does it all very well. Anyone who has read my reviews knows my dislike for minimal, but they even made that seem interesting. With strong and melodic progressive trance the ride is a good one full to the brim with effects and psychedelia. Highly recommended.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk