01 - Ygg
02 - Kitty Batter
03 - Call Your Mother
04 - Glued
05 - Skep And Skein
06 - Noname
07 - Use Your Head
08 - Xylem
At every corner, expect very different progressions far off from your typical music theory. Lead by a large set of strange, exotic, and industrial sounds, Shux offers a unique and interesting experience down a dark, psychedelic road filled with layer after layer of fitting voice samples, ever-changing bass structures, and immediate and unexpected quirkiness that can either take you on a trip or confuse you. Sometimes, there are a lot of high frequency climaxes that can really explode the track from heavy dance patterns to a simply twisted and upside down journey. The artist moves every idea with a series of nostalgic or totally new sounds, ranging from an original kitty frying experience to what I believe is Zelda. A large soundscape of powerful textures and awesomely-crazy synth arps surround these recordings, lifting your mind up a mountain of shadowy trees and colorful rivers.
The best part about this journey is the fact it offers a well mastered, quality set of always-different tracks. If anything, you shouldn’t expect the usual styles presented in Darkpsy or Forest. Garbage Marmalade creates this awesome style, a style that can tear apart our perception on reality. I am going to definitely play this in clubs. As a DJ, I constantly search the world for original material. And boy oh boy, this is original. I thoroughly enjoy the sudo-three-dimensional concepts that experiment with the X, Y, and imaginary Z axises of sound. Put on headphones and you will hear what I am talking about. Everything revolves around your head and zooms straight into one ear and out the other.
Garbage Marmalade is going to zap your brain into oblivion. There are some great, five star tracks here that truly make me say “What the actual fuck is going on” and I love it. If you enjoy being bemused, bewildered, confuzzled, or possibly traumatized by energetic, encompassing, and intricate worlds, this album is just for you. The style is overflowing with creative darkness, using synthesizers to paint an active, astronomical forest into a wicked soundscape. I would strongly recommend any forest lover dive deep into this ocean of magic. Its definitely interesting. You will hear alarm clocks, cats, bubbles, and a whole lot of other stuff. A truly original way to utilize the everyday sounds we hear, yet this album turns them into something entirely different.
10/10

Download here on Ektoplazm

(MP3, FLAC, WAV)

- Review by FatKidWitaJetPak (Nick Sumbles)

- Special Thank to Ektoplazm for the download bandwidth.

My pleasure! The current innovation and evolution of the electronic and psychedelic movement in musical culture is simply outstanding. It is incredible to see how far music has come in the past 25 years, and I am currently doing all I can to research, interview, and compile together a series of discoveries into one big Psytrance Cultural oriented book with loads of art, music, and people. Everything is going to come together, and I am excited to put out my thoughts by reviewing and introducing people to music.