LAMAT AND ASTROMOVIL

8. Magnetic
LAMAT AND INFERENCE

Who's ready for some full on?

ct6yTAx.gif

Please? Not even for a twinkie?

C'mon everyone, we can do this.

Maybe.

Lamat is Marcos A. Sánchez from Mexico and I'll tell you that his debut Master Control is still one of my favorite full-on albums. Chock full of melodies and pumping beats it was on my playlist for many months. Then I kinda lost track of what he was doing, but now I want to see if he still brings the heat. On this his fifth album most of the tracks he works with other artists. What I will tell you, is that it is full-on to the bone with tons of sci-fi movie samples. With the exception of the last track they all seem to be in the 145 bpm range which makes it hard to find differences in the tracks. This would've sounded great 6 or so years ago, but now it seems full of cheese. And some samples...

"You're gonna have to show me what to do. What's your favorite number? Mine's 69. Would you like me to show you?"

It's sh*t like this that makes me cringe. Hearing people say corny things during sex is not what I want to listen to. And I didn't even include the whole sample. F*cking horrible. Know who likes that? Immature high school kids or men that won't grow up. So while everyone matures it seems that Marcos has not and psytrance has passed him by. We've all had that friend who lives in the past doing the stuff we thought was funny back in the day. Only now it's not funny.

It's sad.

0v65fmd.jpg

"Oh, the humanity!"

Someone tell Marcos that his career just went down over New Jersey.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk