Throaty sound

I meant gate/gater, thats effect too right? Maybe i misunderstand a question, but it does have a gate :)

Oh I see what you mean. I suppose it could, but I'd say it's more likely just the note pattern. I don't know why anyone would use a pattern gate effect for something so simple. Anyway, the 'throaty' quality he asked about is the comb filtering.

Are you sure it's really

? It sound different to me. I might be wrong.

I didn't watch the video, but I'm quite sure. The character of the filtering can change a lot depending on an effect's settings and the frequency content of the signal.

Here's a similar throaty sound I made with a filtered, distorted supersaw and a negative flanger set at about 2.5ms & 90% feedback. Adjustment of the LFO sweep helps to get the right sound:

http://www.veracohr.com/audio/throatyflange.wav

This is also an interesting

produced with a formant filter.

Yeah, formant filters accomplish much the same thing but in a different way. Comb filtering from a flangers & phase shifters is a result of very short delays. Formant filters use parallel bandpass filters to shape the frequency response in a way similar to human throats and mouths. Both accomplish the same general thing: accentuating certain frequencies and diminishing others.

Hum....I love that sound you sent. I'm gonna experiment myself :wub:

In the absence of a formant filter (I don't have one myself), go with a negative flanger. A positive flanger won't produce the same effect.