Korg Recreates the MS-20

Would be nice if the sound will be true to the original. I got one and the filters are just fucking ear-ripping awesome. It's great that Korg is going analogue again. No presets! I hope they will come up with a new and original synths though, I think the "vintage-remake" market is getting a bit saturated.

Would be nice if the sound will be true to the original. I got one and the filters are just fucking ear-ripping awesome. It's great that Korg is going analogue again. No presets! I hope they will come up with a new and original synths though, I think the "vintage-remake" market is getting a bit saturated.

They just announced the "KingKorg" as well.

My opinion of this is mixed. Korg has made some great stuff, but they have a whole low-price line with shitty build quality that seems created just to sell to newcommers in the market.

They just announced the "KingKorg" as well.

My opinion of this is mixed. Korg has made some great stuff, but they have a whole low-price line with shitty build quality that seems created just to sell to newcommers in the market.

Unfortunately, this is the general trend, even Roland has taken this path with cheap builds from China. Maybe this is another reason why people rush to vintage gear (sturdy,easily serviceable).

In the beginning God created the great Acid 303! ' :)

On the 7th Day, Shiva created Hashish

It should be true to the original. The whole idea is that it's exactly the same circuit other than the addition of MIDI and USB.

My eyes are after the great Moog Minitaur (Analogue Bass Synth) , if my hands get on it you may aswel open the book of Genesis and say : ' In the beginning God created the great Acid 303! ' :)

Moog came out with a new one too, called the Sub Phatty. It sounds pretty interesting.

• Like 1

It should be true to the original. The whole idea is that it's exactly the same circuit other than the addition of MIDI and USB.

The filters (which I think is one of the most important parts of a synth's character) aren't really screaming like an original. I'm not really convinced by this video but it doesn't sound bad though. I'll have to try it first, if so I'll probably recommend it to somebody who wants to go analogue. In theory it has no negative sides :)

The filters (which I think is one of the most important parts of a synth's character) aren't really screaming like an original. I'm not really convinced by this video but it doesn't sound bad though. I'll have to try it first, if so I'll probably recommend it to somebody who wants to go analogue. In theory it has no negative sides :)

I like it . It can self resonate. :) Plug this baby through a couple of pedals and then you'll see how big it will scream... :D

Plus it's the mini version , so it should have 'his' own character aswel .

That's a VA.

From Wikipedia :

An Analog Modeling Synthesizer is a synthesizer that generates the sounds of traditional analog synthesizers using DSP components and software algorithms to simulate the behaviour of the original electric and electronic circuitry, in order to obtain the sound in a more precise manner from the simulated inner working of the circuitry, instead of attempting to recreate the sound directly. This method of synthesis is also referred to as Virtual Analog or VA. Analog modeling synthesizers may exceed many analog instruments in reliability, lack of tuning and heating issues, limited polyphony, and they can offer patch storage capabilities and MIDI support not found on all true analog instruments.

Examples of VA synthesizers include:

Doesn't really mean much to me really , the Korg MS-2000 is a GREAT SYNTH , along with the Waldorf Q's , Yamaha AN1x , Novation Supernova, Korg R3 , Roland JP-8000...

My guess is that this new Korg MS-20 Mini could be a VA aswel , but doesn't really matter to me as long as it's a synth and it can be totally shapeable and bendable. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't really mean much to me really , the Korg MS-2000 is a GREAT SYNTH , along with the Waldorf Q's , Yamaha AN1x , Novation Supernova, Korg R3 , Roland JP-8000...

My guess is that this new Korg MS-20 Mini could be a VA aswel , but doesn't really matter to me as long as it's a synth and it can be totally shapeable and bendable. :)

No of course not, it's all analog! =) That's the whole point of the mini version.

• 2 months later...