Revolver (2005)

Blubber

Everyone who thinks that Guy Ritchie makes always the same movie with gangsters, guns, gambling, plot twists, different time levels and not to forget a very stylish look - watch this !!

To me, this is by far Ritchies best movie. A überstylish movie with gangsters, guns, gambling, plot twists, the usual mixup of time levels, perspectives - but far more than that !! This is a story about the Ego and the perception of Oneself, the Good and the Bad, interwoven in a chesslike fight. Sounds strange ? Hell, it is !! Rarely i've seen movies which i had to see one more time the next days that i don't forget what was going on and to watch it with enlightened eyes - well, not really enlightened, cause Revolver gives multiple possibilities to interpret - and that's also why i love this film so much. How many movies do you know where people really had to talk and think about what was going on and what shall it mean. I know only a few.

If you haven't seen it, watch it - if you have seen it and you thought "well, this is illogic or stupid or boring", then watch it once again and start thinking. Don't forget that controversial and not-so-easy-simple-popcorn-movies rarely get the attention they deserve.

And btw, the Soundtrack is also in a class of its own, not like the other Ritchie Soundtracks (which are all nice but more a collection of tracks a la Tarantino), more like the scores which give you trippin experiences in its own way (the highlight in this league being the Soundtrack of Fight Club) - Have a listen:

indeed, have seen this at least 10 times, something different everytime, his best by far

you could never call this movie boring, and the production, camera work is very unique, especially when the hit man moves in, love that scene

there is gold in everyone of us, we just don't use him the right way, to busy with the chatter going on.

as far as soundtracks, yes it's great, goes well with the movie as does dust bro's with fight club, another.......... i like swordfish, oakey did well, average movie but great tunes!

and don't forget requiem for a dream, the most haunting mesmorising soundtrack ever

i think BT does good soundtracks to,

one day maybe the god will follow suit?

ah yeah, Requiem for a Dream, haven't heard the soundtrack, but i can imagine that it is like how you mentioned - will check it for sure

by the way:

have read that there are big differences in the US and UK version of this movie, or more precisely, in the US version are missing some scenes and the movie ends earlier which gives it a different direction and a more incomprehensible edit. this surprised me, cause i thought that americans need more chewed for movies - at least at cinemas :D

I liked Revolver too, never understood why it got so much hate from the critics.

yeah i reckon, some i know who didn't understand it didn't like it.

the ones who did, did.

not that black and white, this is a very in depth movie that makes people think, but funny enough the ones i mentioned are very egotistical people, funny that.

for me this movie was a god send, that changed the way i see the world, people and how we interact, and how we listen to that voice in our head way to much, subsequently we can be influenced by our ego so much, leaving our insticts behind.

i love sorter, and the things that happened to him in this movie (kind of reminds me of me)

won't say anything else as spoilers suck ass

anyone who has not seen this movie, watch it................ now

ah yeah, Requiem for a Dream, haven't heard the soundtrack, but i can imagine that it is like how you mentioned - will check it for sure

by the way:

have read that there are big differences in the US and UK version of this movie, or more precisely, in the US version are missing some scenes and the movie ends earlier which gives it a different direction and a more incomprehensible edit. this surprised me, cause i thought that americans need more chewed for movies - at least at cinemas :D

difference really!

oh my god what version have i seen

i can't believe they did that.