drum machine/sampler VST

Guest neurogen

Guest neurogen

Hello.

Im looking for a simple and easy drum machine.

For example 16 slots and you should be able to load wav, aiff etc.

So no "synth" with built in samples, but a sampler.

Ive tried KONG and i really liked it, but I dont have that anymore.

Also Ezdrummer i tried and did not like - and couldnt find where to load wav files. So i deleted it. It should speak for itself :)

Will not promote software where u have to search to find the basic function. :))

anyone have any ideas?

It can be free or cost money - that doesnt matter.

Cheers

ps. What do you guys use for hats, snares, percussion etc?

Most drum/sample softwares I've seen don't even have wav capabilities unfortunately(or cost too much). I've been looking for something like this as well, with no luck. . It would come in handy..

recently I've been avoiding drum machine samples but I still throw in some 909 high hats here and there. When it comes to goa/psy trance I've been making all my percussive sounds using synthesizers, in the end it feels more rewarding knowing you sculpted the piece from scratch.

I use a drum synth plugin, so I can't help you with a sample playing drum plugin. Although I do sometimes use samples of bongos, congas, things like that. There are particular sounds I can't make properly with the drum synth I use, especially certain widely-used hi hat sounds, so I sometimes wish I had a better sample drum machine that the crap one Digital Performer has. Live has a better one, but since I switch between the programs I can't use a proprietary one.

Guest neurogen

thanks for answers guys.

wierd. i wish oh how i wish i could have reasons ReDrum as a VST :S

that is the absolute easiest and simplest and most perfect sampler for my needs....

and no, i just dont wanna use reason anymore... :P

Guess ill get Kong again.. that does what I want so...

also there is tons of free stuff when googling - but they are all very very ugly and poorly written...

I remember one vst though, around the year 2005 i think.. It was a very big vst (size that is) and it had tons and tons of built in percussion.

I just cant remember its name! cus ill be okay using a vst like this without external wav support of the library built in is good enough.

just what was its name.... it had crystal clear sound quality aswell and library the size of my _

edit: hmm.. apparantly i remember the name Kong wrong... when i google that its not the way i remember it at all..... ehm.... nvm... ill figure it out :P

Guest neurogen

thanks guys

i will definately try Ultrabeat and see whatsup with that one.

Battery i dont really like i think for my small use its too big (cpuhog) and too many functions also too big in size.

Battery is the emergency vst if all else fails i will go to that one.

Isotopes Idrum sounds really cool too, i like Isotope so ill try that one also.

Cheers!!