identify this synth please

Guest neurogen

Guest neurogen

ive been trying to recreate this synth sound for a while now but feels like im wandering in the dark.

could you guys help me identify the synth used, or at least what kind of sound it is, and mods to it etc etc.. everything you can think of.

its from the spiritual healing remix.

http://www.aeap.se/sample.mp3

What's it from? Knowing a release date can help narrow down choices based on popular synths at various times.

However, it sounds like any virtual analog plugin, which means it's pretty much impossible to identify, but also means you can make the sound with pretty much any virtual analog plugin.

Edit: never mind, you said what it was from. If that's around 2000 - I'd say probably a Virus or something similar. Yamaha AN1x is another VA from the same period. Still, you can make that with tons of free VA plugins.

Guest neurogen

ok guys..

serious here. You cant just say "any ol synth" cus ive tried with multiple synths, multiple oscilators and multiple effects.

Im not a retard. Or maybe I am, so if you think it can be done with any ol synth then please show me cus ive tried for hours.

as for the tips of Virus and or AN1x.. okey.. could you be more specific? cus just pressing a key on those synths dont make the sound..

more detail pls ......

The track is from 98 I think. It's a Roland JD800. http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/jd800.php

Its a highpass filter on the sound. Sawtooth as waveform. The main thing about the sound is the Pitch Env. It's quite hard to achieve/replicate those lines.

Never forget that a mixertable and EQsettings are doing much for a sound. To use the internal EQ of the JD800 gives a very specific sound.

Good Luck

Guest neurogen

The track is from 98 I think. It's a Roland JD800. http://www.vintagesy...oland/jd800.php

Its a highpass filter on the sound. Sawtooth as waveform. The main thing about the sound is the Pitch Env. It's quite hard to achieve/replicate those lines.

Never forget that a mixertable and EQsettings are doing much for a sound. To use the internal EQ of the JD800 gives a very specific sound.

Good Luck

thank you. How can you be so certain its JD800?

I believe you but im curious as to how you know :)

BTW when are we going to see next filteria album?? Cant wait!!!

The track is from 98 I think. It's a Roland JD800. http://www.vintagesy...oland/jd800.php

Good Luck

the master has spoken.

You can't be certain unless the muses rapt guys tells you himself (which I doubt.) So don't worry about things that are so minuscule in importance.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest neurogen

I really dont doubt master Jannis, but I just wanna be sure:D

Something tells me said master will release a remix of that track in the future. At least GOD I hope so.

I want Filteria to make remixes of all the legendary tracks, then put it all on a CD.

That would be so epic. Im not one of those who thinks remixes are "destruction" or "blasphemy" - I for one want as many remixes as I possibly can.

It is wonderful to hear different arrtists renderings of legendary tunes. It is beyond me that all people dont agree with that opinion :D

The original track is still as sacred and holy as one might think, the remixes doesnt remove that fact.

Sorry for lousy english but I think you can understand the gist what im saying. :)

So please Jannis,

Posted Image

• 1 month later...