If you ever happen to be in Nagoya...

ion1zed

DON'T search for the Club.2 if you want to attend a psy party. Because it doesn't exist anymore :D

And IF you still do, start early so that the 4000-somewhat yen to get to Club Street by taxi (from Sakae) are still worth it!

Cheers!

And why would a smart guy like you spend 4000 yen on a taxi when there's a clean, efficient train line from Nagoya Station that has a stop just a few blocks away from Club Street (actually a shack turned club) and that costs 200 yen, give or take? As I know Nagoya quite well, I recommend you check flyers at Juice store (near Nagoya Tower in Sakae), and definetely go to parties at Mago, JB (if it still exists). Avoid the parties organized by Brazilians in Nagoya (pure psy trash, The Beach party in Gamagori comes to my mind), and spend money travelling to the mountains in Gifu, host of some wonderful open parties.

It is a pity that Diamond Hall does not hold parties anymore. It was the hub for some amazing parties in the 1990s, early 2000s. Nagoya had one of the best scenes in the world, but it faded away, along with the quality of psytrance. Last party I went in Diamond Hall, Quadra played a junk set, the club was half empty, a proof that psy lovers were disappointed with what the scene became. Anyway, have a nice time in Nagoya.

Thanks for answering...I was hardcore jetlagged, hadn't really slept for three days because of work and desperately wanted to make the most of the time I had there. So I chose the taxi. I should have asked around here before getting there I suppose. Now I am in Suzuka for a week or so and probably there won't be any parties around here....not that I have the time to party...it's all about work again.

But thanks, Procyon. Next year!

Oh yes DJ Mondo :) he was doing a history of goa/psy trance party once in Osaka... really nice (long) set! But I haven't heard his "normal" sets though, but this one ended up in a psy-core carousel which was a bit too much in the end...