Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Timeless

Title: Night Drive EP

Label: Iono Music

Date: June, 2012

1. Night Drive

2. Traffic the Light feat. Upsoull

If you've read any of my reviews (you can't escape me) regarding Iono Music and their artists you'll know that my admiration approaches cult status. This is due to their consistent track record when it comes to releasing descriptive and atmospheric progressive trance. I can count on one hand the number of releases that didn't thrill me and that's pretty good for a label that has had over 80 releases. That said, a reviewer has to be able to take the fan helmet off and rely on his objectivity if his opinion is to be taken seriously.

Which is why I'm about to respectfully sh*t all over this EP.

Posted Image

Yep John, I'm afraid there is nothing here that would make me recommend it to you as it is a departure from all that you have come to expect from this label. I know I couldn't believe it either. Excessively boring and repetitive it fits into the niche of background noise, a perfect soundtrack for folding laundry. The bass sounds were almost if not identical and when you only have two tracks it's really easy to see. Where are the grand soundscapes and the effects coming from all sides? An argument could be made that this is good for a night time vibe like a predator lurking in the dark. For me however is comes off as been there done that, unimaginative and too many periods of just a bass line and a kick. *Yawn*

Night Drive? Maybe. If your intent was to hit every animal trying to cross the road culminating in a broken telephone pole and a totalled vehicle. Sorry Iono, this was weak.

Beatport

Mdk