Happy reviews

Procyon

still i think that on psynews the main problem is more, that people are too lazy to write reviews for album they don't like or that they don't know bad albums well enough to write a review.

I agree with the first part of your post, but I don't think it's a case of laziness. From what reviewers wrote here it's that they don't feel pleasure writing about an album they didn't like. But they should. Dissecating a piece of work and discovering why it is not doing so well is as rewarding as doing the contrary. I am not good at reviewing music, I think I lack the language of technology to describe what I am listening to. But I feel more comfortable writing about books, which are more familiar to me. I read all Patricia Cornwell's books until a certain book seemed to have derailed. I read it once again, and I discovered why it had happened so: all of a sudden she changed the point of view of the narrator from the 1st person singular past tense to 3rd person singular present tense. And I wrote a negative review based on how this change had affected her usual plot. To my surprise, all her fans joined me in the review, some even said she was closely following the thread. She never contacted me, but it was rumored she would try to return to her old style. This is an example of how a negative review can be healthy to everybody. I felt a great pleasure writing that review, not attacking the author, just pointing how technically describing an action in 3rd person singular present tense is unnatural to human ears. I wish I could have the ears to write reviews. The only one I feel prepared for is next Astral Projection's album. I am a fan since their 1st work, so I think I have the knowledge to write about them - even if they deserve a negative review.

If you want to find out which of these "mostly positive" reviews that are actually correct, check out how many times a review has been commented. I don't come here very often but it works for me. Check reviews, 2012. Take a quick scan, finds

Crossing Mind - Inner Shift (SUNCD25)

Pleiadians - Starseed EP

Then combine that with some knowledge of genre. I know pleiadians, and SUNCD is Suntrip which is goa. There's a lot of newschool goa out there but most is boring. Here however i think i found two albums that are worth to check out.

Btw both these are totally awesome, clearly worth to buy. ;):wub: