Who the hell is that INgrooves youtube emails me all the time?

Ormion

I'm uploading some videos of psytrance tracks on youtube. Each video contain 9 tracks one minute each that fade in/out.

Then I'm getting emails by youtube that my video may contain content owned or licensed by INgrooves and some other weird companies.

Who the hell are these? I read they are distribution companies. Distributing what? Psytrance? I expect to get emails about wirikuta or arabesque, you know real psytrance distributors.

It's not that they affect my videos, but ads appeared once in a while which is riduculous.

So youtube puts ads on people's videos based on the fact that the content may owned by some scam distributor?

It's not that I uploaded full tracks, just 1 minute samples.

Anyone knows anything about it?

I hadn't heard of them, but a brief scan of their website looks like they are a digital distributor, and I saw a Solar Fields album there, so it's possible they could have other psy stuff they distribute.

Checking a copy of one of SF's albums, an Ingrooves logo appears on the back. But it also says "Worldwide Distribution by [ultimae.com/network]", so it's unclear who Ingrooves are and what they do. The booklet seems to say that the copyright belongs to Ultimae. Why not email them to find out what the deal is?

I did some research and found this:

His premise is pretty simple. An artist or label sends INgrooves a digital re­cord­ing; the file is entered into a system, automatically converted into the proper format and pushed out to iTunes, Amazon.com, Spotify and 600 other online and mobile retailers. When someone buys the MP3 or streams the song, the artist’s royalties get passed along to ­INgrooves, which pools them from the different sources and cuts the artist a check. ­McDaniels charges retailers nothing; INgrooves takes 10% to 30% of the wholesale price (a typical album ­retails for $10 and wholesales for $7).

• 1 month later...