Getting tired of dishonest sellers

Penzoline

I just need to vent a bit. I know all of you psy/goa collectors have experienced this, you find something you want for a price you're willing to pay and it's been stated that it's in Near Mint to VG+ condition and when you get it, it actually is VG/G bullshit upon inspection.

For reference, the grading guide.

http://www.discogs.c...mp-grading.html

It feels like most sellers have never laid their eyes upon this standard grading guide.

Difference between Near Mint and VG+ is not much at all(a few minor scuffs scratches, i.e. 3-4), but for example most of discogs treats VG+ as if it is the same as VG and G. Even Near Mints sometime are actually VG (Hello to neptunwave)

Now one might argue that if it plays what does it matter? Well it matters because you've made a deal that states the product is in named condition. There's also the point of re-sale value. You never know if one day in the distant future I may not want to keep my collection. But that's just a pointless argument as the grading system exists and should be used accordingly.

I wish there was more honest people. I've obviously had those too, but these wrongdoers irk me to no end. Then you have the revenge reppers(neptunwave) and whatnot.

Maybe the problem persists from buyers not bothering/scared of pointing out the sellers lies. There should be better moderation over there. Then again this happens elsewhere too. It's tiring.

Neptunwave pointed out because he's one of the biggest sellers of goa and psy on discogs

Yup...had it happen to me too... My distance to goa vol 5 was graded as NM but can hardly be called vg. The worst thing is that there is a scratch on the disc which prevents me from playing my favorite track from the first disc, Deedrah's remix of SHakta's Leptonhead in my dj sets because it glitches.

Sigh.

Yup...had it happen to me too... My distance to goa vol 5 was graded as NM but can hardly be called vg. The worst thing is that there is a scratch on the disc which prevents me from playing my favorite track from the first disc, Deedrah's remix of SHakta's Leptonhead in my dj sets because it glitches.

Sigh.

nothing worse than buying a disc especially for spacific tracks and they scratched!

i feel your pain my friend.

i have had this many many times, once apon a time i owned almost every goa and psy cd pre 2000 and beyond worth owning, purchased most new when released, but the ones that aluded me in new zealand growing up (very limited distribution there back in the day) had to source online, while most experiences were very good i have been ripped off, raped and sodomized by sellers on discogs ebay etc who knowingly or not not given me what i paid for, whether it was a lesser grading than what stated, or a reissue when original was stated and what not, i had to take some of them sellers down when compensation wasn't met, and i hate doing that shit, but.... honesty is everything and karma comes around real fast.

penzoline it does need to be regulated more but with so many sellers etc sometimes i have found that some don't really understand how to grade a cd correctly as they may not be collectors like us, and not understand the true value of what it is they are selling, and every flaw means something.

would suggest contacting people before buying and question true grading and ask if they have actually inspected cd (you would be surprised) was it theirs, are they a collector also, may help to get a better picture of what you are getting, especially if you are going to pay good money for releases.

i still buy stuff from discogs and never buy off anyone who doesn't have 100 percent pos feedback.

and have to admit have not been stung for a long time now.

and actually once i sold a cd where i mis graded it myself (not sure how but i missed a flaw) it wasn't much but should have bumped it down nm to slightly lesser, most would have been happy but he was a big collector, it was one of the rarest of them all, and he was paying alot of money for it,i was happy with the cd when i purchased it off someone on this site, sorted it, but goes to show happens to the best of us, have sold to alot of people on this site after that and i think i always got it right, but after that experience i made sure i looked again,and alot of times when in doubt i graded it less than what it actually was and always got people remarking on how much better it truly was. i guess everyone gets it wrong once and a while, but not more than that.

sorry to hear their are people out there still getting it wrong, especially if its for financial gain and you not getting what you paid for