webpage?

Guest E-Mantra

What are you trying to accomplish? General information? Previews of your music? Downloads? Online store? DJ bookings? Etc

Also, how do you rate your computer skills? Maybe a Facebook site could provide most of what you want with fairly minimal effort.

My advice:

1) Take some time and check hosting companies, see the prices and pick a best solution for you.

2) You need to know are you planning to have media files like music, videos, high resolution images hosted on your website, if so, than you gonna need much more space on your server with more traffic

3) Are you planning to update your site on daily basis, if so, than my advice is to go with Wordpress, it's simple for installation, it got great ACP and you can play with template and design, it's easy to manage your menus and it got decent text editor.

4) Find a good template, you can pick some nice ones for 20-50$

5) Find a designer who's gonna incorporate custom made images with template

Great examples of Wordpress based pages are Ektoplazm and Sita Records website.

Goodluck, if you need some help, drop me an email.

Rather than try to bundle everything into one website, you might also think about a primary, central website linked to various secondary, specialized satellite websites (eg, Facebook, your blog, Soundcloud, YouTube, Bandcamp, etc).

Here's a link that might be relevant:

http://music3point0.blogspot.com/2012/01/center-of-your-online-universe.html