Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Zyce

Title: Nine Gates EP

Label: Synergetic Records

Date: November, 2011

1. Nine

2. Gates

The Serbian wunderkind is back with a two track EP.

Nine- Holy crap this guy seems to come out with an EP each week. It's more progressive goodness with a slow rumbling feel as percussion rattles about. Kind of on the minimal side with a low tech approach, but he drops a nice break with echoing synths that vibrate in the warm sunshine. It's nice, but I'm used to much more descriptive work from him.

Gates- This has a bit more detail in it but it still strikes me as a little boring. I'm generation X, I don't have time to notice all the subtleties in music. I want it and I want it now. Once again though, he dominates a break and it feels good like a fleece blanket. But when he comes out of that break, there are little in the way of surprises. Good, but not as lush as I'm used to.

This was nice, but as I mentioned it was the kind of on the low tech side. Minimal layers, but those that were there were enjoyable. He has made deeper and richer stuff so I will only recommend this if less is more is your cup of tea.

http://www.beatport.com/release/nine-gates/827232

Mdk