"V/A - Dub Mates Meeting"

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Dub Mates Meeting

Label: Gliese 581C

Date: July, 2011

1. Delicious Insects - Water Drops On Engineer Suites (80 BPM)

2. Psyolopher - Dubby Tubby (75 BPM)

3. Maitre Soda - Massive Exode (90 BPM)

4. Hello Mellow - Yggdrasil (70 BPM)

5. Tara Putra - Dubland Mountains (80 BPM)

6. Zoltan Sultan - Koran (Remix) (105 BPM)

7. Leoboris - Intuition (70 BPM)

8. Globular - Seeker (87 BPM)

9. MentalImage - Dub From Depths Of The Universe (80 BPM)

10. Fingerprint - Kingstoned (82 BPM)

11. Paraz1t - Organ (70 BPM)

Posted Image

Holy sh*t free time.

I actually have a few moments of free time.

If you didn't know, my wife and I welcomed a beautiful baby girl into our family recently. Don't know how many of you actually have children, but they're not lying when they say it's a full time job. Those little people can't do anything on their own. Eat, poop, sleep; and not a whole lot of the latter.

Did you know a newborn horse can walk in a few hours after birth? Before I start wishing I was a horse, how do the equines do with remote controls? Must be a b*tch to type with a hoof. Guess 8 or 9 months until the baby can walk ain't so bad. So the fact that I have free time to pen this review...hold up...what the f*ck was that?

Damn it, now the other one is awake. 2 years old, you would think he could make his own breakfast. C'mon Dante, how hard is it to throw Cheerios on the floor and wipe maple syrup in your hair. Be right back.

If you didn't know or are a f*cking moron this is a compilation with dubby goodness. What, no I won't apologize, it says it right on the cover. It's full of artists I wouldn't know if I printed their driver's licenses out on my computer. But, it's downtempo style could be just what I need after days without much sleep.

Water Drops On Engineer Suites- With slow soaring melodies and a reggae vibe the track does everything but throw you on the beach. It's pretty thick with nature effects as it floats by on warm breezes and sunshine. Very bubbly as it goes through transitions. I felt it went on a little long, but it was still pretty good.

Dubby Tubby-

Posted Image

Towelie? What the f*ck are you doing here? What's that? No, no thank you I don't do that. Well...I guess one hit won't hurt. Just sitting at the beach while the reggae band plays. Next thing you know I'm on stage in my wife's clothes with a bunch of Rastafarians. Slow and hallucinatory with echoing effects, this short track with it's brass riff fits right in with the cover. I have no idea what's going on.

Massive Exode- Did he just say magic leaf? Any more subtle and there would be a two bong minimum. More reggae stylings with real world instruments and the party just don't stop. It just moves along very slowly. With a few bags of Cheetohs and Funions. And a pizza. Not a whole lot here, but it continues with the theme.

Yggdrasil- Now this is my favorite. Massive strings with a forest feel as a modulated lead creeps out from its space. Full of sunshine melody that moves at a snail's pace. Any slower and it would be playing in reverse but the groove is righteous. I could creep to this.

Dubland Mountains- Very floaty with a slow beat, this one combines a rastafarian sample with an outer space vibe. Solid without a lot of flash.

Posted Image

Don't judge me.

Koran Remix- If you have ever heard a loop for a hip-hop track this is it. Tablas, a funky beat, and a poetry slam feel to it that makes me feel like a city hipster doofus. A foreign language sample adds culture and somehow I stepped into a Bollywood movie. Short, but well received.

Intuition- Change a few letters around and the name of this artist is an unpopular mouthwash. Nothing to do with the track of course, but I'm full of useless information. Ask anyone. And f*ck you, I'm tired. Another short and slow number that crawls along with an interesting percussive feel. It's nod your head good that sparkles through the smoky haze. Nice.

Seeker- Man that is some wobbly sh*t! Who's on bass, Bootsy Collins? It gets thicker with a groovy drum set and throaty leads. If you like this type of dub, then this is right up your alley. It's all here highs and lows. The chopped up samples layer nicely with the melodies. Good work.

Dub From the Depths of the Universe- "Everyday I'm shufflin'!"

Posted Image

"That's not in the playbook, but it should be." - Michael Vick before all the dog raping.

The lead is a twisted bit of breathiness and the bass isn't earth shaking, but more of the pinpoint variety. It churns with strings, piano, and more synthetic leads. Nice mixture of a lot of sounds with a bunch of twists. Great stuff!

Kingstoned- Easily the darkest track on the compilation it is more suited to a thunderstorm than a sunrise. Soft and sad melodies don't seem to belong here, but it was pretty good so no harm done. This is what's known as getting pulled over by a cop when you've been smoking all night and he says you were driving 45 miles an hour and then 10 mph on the same road. For two miles. And why can't I find my license?

Organ- Interesting one this last track. It's got a little bit of an industrial feel...think Depeche Mode Construction Time Again. It's still slow and dubby, but I could've seen this track as an interlude on one of their albums.

Posted Image

See dat?

Dat's you after listening to this. Dubby beats and melodies will have you trying to peer through the smoke with this laid back bit of downtempo. Most of the tracks are good and they are all in the same style. And before someone says that I'm reading too much into the whole "high" thing THERE IS A MARIJUANA LEAF ON THE COVER.

So get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.

Ektoplazm

Mdk