2. Nirmanakayas - Crystal Eye

3. Ka Sol - Less Sand

4. Schoiroideairis - Schizofreniadikt

5. Battle Of The Future Buddhas - Dante

6. Rimmlull - Pink Frilly

7. Makadam - Gyroscope

8. Trashlords - Ashvem

9. Bloomen - Tales From The Bugle

Yet another forest trance comp is out, this time combining "new" forest trance artists with veteran names like Ka-Sol and the Buddhas. Sounds promising on paper but how does it really sound?

Kiriyama - Evening Star The opening track is BRILLIANT! Nice midtempo beats with some oldschoolish melodies and an overall dark uneasy feeling, actually after I went through all the tracks I realized that this was the best one here!

Nirmanakayas - Crystal Eye the BPMs pick up and we are in forest trance realms here. Very fast bassline driving some very twisted melodies, the only thing I have against it is that although it's by a new artist, it sounds like it could've been released on a Schlabbaduerst comp ages ago. Still, a nice effort :)

Ka Sol - Less Sand new effort from one of the pioneers of this sound... Very dark and twisted atmospheres but with a nice small 303line that integrates nicely, and like most Ka-Sol's tracks, you have to be in a certain mood to really apreciate it.

Schoiroideairis - Schizofreniadikt (happy I can just copy-paste without having to rewrite the name BTW lol), hmm well, again, nice effort but it has a very "it has been done before" feeling to it...

Battle Of The Future Buddhas - Dante up next, after a bit of a deception with their last album I was cautious about this one, but I have to admit after a few listens it started working on me, there is the normal Buddhas sound but the leading arpeggio has a bit of an oldschool rave feeling that complements it nicely. It's a bit monotnous but all the progress is made in the details around the main melody, it really pays to pay close attention to the details here ;)

Rimmlull - Pink Frilly if this sounds a bit like Ka-Sol then it's normal since it's a project involving Christer ;) It starts promissing but then it kindof drowns out in the end, making me want to press that "next" button...

Makadam - Gyroscope up next with a more "goofy" approach to forest trance, in places it's a bit funny but in others it reminds you that we are still in dark realms. Some sounds seem to be filtered frog croaks, I'm sure this would freak out people on the dancefloors lol

Trashlords - Ashvem another oldie from the Orebro crew up next, but a bit decieving material here, it is just too "straightforward", nothing really interesting happens for the first 5 and a half minutes, then a nice melody kicks in but it gives me the impression of too little, too late...

Bloomen - Tales From The Bugle now this is much more like it, a bit of light at the end of the tunnel with some morning melodies but still, nothing particularly exceptionnal.

Conclusion: Sclabbaduerst 008? It sure sounds like it... Some interesting forest trance in here but nothing that really stands out except for the intro track IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'm certain that these tracks will do wonders on the dancefloors, especially while under certain influences, but not really my cup of tea for home listening... 3/5

• 9 months later...

The kiriyama track is out of this world. It has this vintage ever-green classic goa feel to it. The melodies and atmosphere are some of the most ominous I've ever heard and the ending climax is just pure sonic evil. The texturing is also thick and interesting. Masterpiece, timeless track. If Kiriyama could write quality like this for a full album.. Such a shame this compilation is otherwise nothing spectacular, although the Ka-Sol track is some of the best Ka-sol. That guitar loop creates a really unique atmosphere.

• 3 months later...