03 Dropout & Zooboreal - Haxxtrazzel

04 Battle of the Future Buddhas - Madhouse

05 D-Dave - Completely Operational

06 Zoon - Jungle Box

07 Zoon - Heavy Shit

08 Ka-Sol - Bergatrooper

09 Skomm - Critical Plateau

Hey guys...

So, is this any good?... I have Schlabb 1, 2 & 4 and I really like those... But I can't find any reviews of Vol. 5 online...

Dave writes this promotional text:

Schlab 005 will feature neutral forest music, and it will be GREEN... The compilation will be filled with swedish "forest" music that can be played both night and morning. There is a special sound in Sweden, the forest sound. It is a bit eerie and melancolic and fragile, coming from the deep forest with all its fairies and trolls... Two new talented guys from Uppsala will be on Schlab 005, one called Zoon and one called Zooboreal in a collaboration with Mugmez under the name Dropout & Zooboreal, as well as BotfB, Ka-SoL, LAB, D-Dave and just to piss you off Skomm will have a track on it too. :P

So, if anyone could write a short review of this, I'd be most gratefull... Dave, you dont want to send me a free copy do you? I'll write an un-biased review and post it here, and @ isratrance, ektoplazm, etc...?

Oh, and when do you think the chilled Schlabb 06 will be out?

DeathPosture

I think Schlab 5 is good. My favorites are still Schlab 2 for melodic and Schlab 3 for hard/dark style but the 5th one is very nice too.

If you liked their previous four you'll probably like this one too. I think it's a bit more agressive than Schlab 4 but not as much as no. 3. It's not minimal (thank god for that) but I wouldn't mind more layers and riffs like in no. 2.

It's kind of in the middle of everything released before.

Overall I like it even more than the 4th comp.

Now I'm waiting for something super hard and dark like Schlab 3. Cum' on David release those monsters. I know you have more tracks in Schlab 3 style :) One comp. of that is just not enough :)

Some amazing tracks on it! Specially number 1 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), 2 and 6, number 8 is kinda experimental with a great sample at the end :)

It's typical Swedish Scando forest sound, if you like the other ones you'll like this one for sure! :)

Guest D-Dave

(Im sure there would have been a review if people could post reviews without the password. But thats another topic...)

Sure DP sounds good, send me your adress and I´ll send you a CD. :) Mail me at battlebuddhas@hotmail.com.

006 is kind of "frozen" at the moment. I have the material but Im just not sure if its good enough. The idea was to make an ambient compilation, and ambient to me is relaxing.

The stuff I have from the artists is mainly disturbing and psychotic as usual, not chilled at all, and it would be nice to release something relaxing for a change... :D

Hi there r2d2, hows things? There will be a 007 too, and most likely a 008, 007 being purple and a return to hard night music. 008 would be brown and have music for starting a party, slow rhytmical stuff. But we´ll see.

Our (botfb) more melodic stuff will hopefully be released on some more major label soon.

well yeah D-Dave, my thoughts exactly...

current reviews for Schlab 5:

"I think Schlab 5 is good." by r2d2

"It's typical Swedish Scando forest sound, if you like the other ones you'll like this one for sure! :)" by Anoebis

"Yes i can recommend this cd too :P" by Afterhourz

so now if you had about 15 euros of hard-earned cash, would you buy a CD after reading those recomendations? I wouldn't... of course on the other hand it's realeased by you guys so I guess it should be good :)

SMI²LE

Guest D-Dave

Lemmiwinks you are insane. (Not necessarily a bad thing in the psy business....)

R2D2 also said the following...

" My favorites are still Schlab 2 for melodic and Schlab 3 for hard/dark style but the 5th one is very nice too.

If you liked their previous four you'll probably like this one too. I think it's a bit more agressive than Schlab 4 but not as much as no. 3. It's not minimal (thank god for that) but I wouldn't mind more layers and riffs like in no. 2.

It's kind of in the middle of everything released before.

Overall I like it even more than the 4th comp."

This seems like enough info for me, and yes, along with the 2 other recommendations Id say its enough for me to buy a CD, at least if I knew anything about the other releases.

Then again, Im biased... ;)

Maybe a little late on this topic, but I've had schlab 5 for quite some time now and I really like it. If you enjoy the other ones, you cant go wrong with this one. I'll probably play a track or two from it at an outdoor party this weekend :)

Lemmiwinks do you suffer from short attention span? :)

I didn't just say "I think Schlab 5 is good." I saw DP had other four so I thought it'd be best to compare the 5th one to them which is what I did.

Of course, if he never heard any Schlab stuff I'd probably be more descriptive but since he has everything else, I think simple comparsion should do.

D-Dave hope you're doing good :) I'm glad you're planning to release more hard and dark crazyness like Schlab 3 :)

Are you using your hotline.com or telia.com e mail more often?

wow... very interesting... where can i get this stuff?

i organize partys here in bavaran/forests..

id like to book salakavala next...

anyone who can send me schlabbaduerst?

or any forestmusic?

;)

styx

http//:www.plasmamusic.de

There is nobody playing Shabbaduerst tracks at party's in Russia! But I think that BOTFB and Ka-Sol is the best psy-trance what we can find. It is true underground!

Bom Boole!

There is nobody playing Shabbaduerst tracks at party's in Russia! But I think that BOTFB and Ka-Sol is the best psy-trance what we can find. It is true underground!

Bom Boole!

• 2 weeks later...

Various artists – Schlabbaduerst Vol. 5

Label: Schlabbaduerst ReKkords

Sweden 2003 (Schlab 005)

Schlabb5-cover-resized.jpg

Tracklist:

01 L.A.B. – Ripoff [07,58]

02 Ka-Sol – Iris [09,46]

03 Dropout & Zooboreal – Häxxtrazzel [08,12]

04 Battle of the Future Buddhas – Madhouse [08,25]

05 D-Dave - Completely Operational [08,43]

06 Zoon - Jungle Box [07,14]

07 Zoon - Heavy Shit [05,38]

08 Ka-Sol – Bergatrooper [07,38]

09 Skomm - Critical Plateau [12,34]

Review:

The fifth instalment from those crazy thirsty-for-shit nutters from Ørebro/Uppsala is finally here… If you are familiar with some of their previous releases you know that this is by no means your ordinary bunch of psytrance… This is forest music… Dark, spooky, infectious troll-bouncing, highly psychedelic horror-trance… I own volumes 1, 2 & 4 which are all pretty fucking good… So naturally I had high expectations when this came out…

Let me take you thru the tracks one by one…

#1 (147 bpm) – We kick off with a smash… Robban gives us a very classy track… I want to know what this is a rip-off ‘cause this shit is good… Highly melodic, yet strangely minimal at first… Very strange with all kinds of horror-sounds and UFO-samples, but so damn infectious… Swedish forest-sounds at their best!

#2 (142 bpm) – This one is down-right bizarre! If I didn’t knew, I would have guessed that this was a Finnish track… Crazy, noisy, polluted, in-yer-face wall of psychedelic sounds! To be honest this track doesn’t really tickle my nuts as well as I would have liked it to… I mean, it’ll entertain you, but it’ll not have you bouncing your head… Well, maybe actually just a little the last 4 minutes… Average track…

#3 (144 bpm) – Sweet fancy Moses this is HUGE track… Smooth intro followed by a razor-sharp 100% full-on synth-melody blasting through most of the track with a sweet pounding bass-line in the back-ground… And with the usual random psychedelic shit thrown in… (Remember that killer melody in Tim Schuldt’s “Orange Acid”? – This sounds very much like it – Only better…) “Everything old is new again” – You got that right woman… This is just like the feeling you had back in the golden age - Amazing track – Very hypnotic – Best so far!

#4 (145 bpm) - You can’t have a Schlabb compilation without a BOTFB track can you? Of course not, so here’s a break-beat’ty treat for you… Something is wrong with the ending though… I sounds like its cut too early (and no, I’m not reviewing mp3z!) – I dunno if it’s actually supposed to sound like that? Anyway, the track itself is on the more minimal side of things, though done very nice… Cut breaks make out the pace of the track… Decent track!

#5 (145 bpm) – D-Dave on his own… ”I am completely operational and all my circuits are functioning perfectly”… Yeah man, you’re doing pretty good… This is another dark, night-time stomper… The melodies are there, tucked nicely away behind a web of spookiness… Horrific in the best sense of the description… Powerful track!

#6 (145 bpm) – Next up is Zoon… Some dude called Rimmet… I have no idea who he is, but he’s got talent… This crazy ass tune fits the Schlabbaduerst Universe perfectly… Intense, mind altering soundscapes, sounds completely random, yet very structured… Full on forest-madness… Great track!

#7 (142 bpm) – Zoon again with a shorter, but by no means, weaker track… The aptly named “Heavy Shit”… Oh yes, this is heavy… Heavy mental music… I dare anyone to dance to this… Hehe… This is some SICK heavy shit… Holy smokes…

#8 (150 bpm) – Oh fuck, it gets even darker now… Ka-SoL hits us with the fastest instalment on this compilation… This is much better than the first Ka-SoL track here… Although it is even weirder than the first one, this is more subtle… If you listen to this with head-phones and the volume turned to max you better not be on any kind of heart-medication… Now don’t say I didn’t warn you… The last 2 minutes of this track you get a VERY cool bonus – A fucked up insane Swedish-forest-madness version of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake… Very, very original… Huge track!

#9 (147 bpm) – “… just to piss you off Skomm will have a track on it too” … Ha ha… No, I’m not pissed off in any way… This is a good track! Divided into different section… The first 5 minutes is a mellow’ish, organic trance-piece but then it suddenly changes direction… It turns into a rollercoaster ride of beautiful sounds… Melodic, progressive, driving, kicking… For the last couple of minutes it changes again… This time into a very mellow, beat-less ambient masterpiece… You can almost see the trolls and fairies running around in the Swedish forests when listening to that last bit… Goddam this is a good track… Perfect ending!

Pheeew… What a long, strange trip it’s been… Eat your heart out Grateful Dead… Best tracks are 1, 3 (!), 6, 8 (!) and 9… I’m not really in love with track 2 and 4 – But I’m sure they’ll satisfy others… Taste is personal… And thank Goa Gil for that! ;o)

If you’re looking for a release that will take you on a trip like none you’ve ever been on, this compilation is definitely something for you… I’ll guarantee you that you will not be bored...

This gets an 8/10 in my coolbook!

You can order this wonderful CD straight from the source: Schlabbaduerst OfFline ... I encourage you to do so… Don’t download it – Support a small independent label, so that we can get more fresh releases like this in the future!

DeathPosture