2 The Liberation (feat. Flegma)

3 Love is the key

4 The holographic sphere

5 Believe in the change

6 One Heart (feat. Man Machine)

7 Izolan (feat. Middle Mode)

8 Energy of life

9 Galactic Mantra (Ovnimoon 2011 Remix)

This is Hector Stuardo Marileo from Chile and he has been...well let's just say he has been all over the place. Here is his Dicogs page and you can see for yourself how prolific he is. 7th studio release and a sh*tload of compilation appearances and you quickly discover he gets around. His style is a hybrid of progressive and psytrance with great melodies and atmosphere. He also doesn't forget that this is dance music as he brings the beat. His album Geometric Poetry (review here) was superb and I believe he gets better with each release.

The Source- "At the center of all that is...is a great light...the source."

Welcome to space where alien life thrives amid long sweeps and the deep cold of dimensional bridging pads. Drifting melodies circumnavigate a nebulous galaxy at light speed as the beat pounds away. Very beautiful and a hell of an opener.

The Liberation- Pairing up these two heavyweights can only mean good things and just like this gif it's a...

Posted Image

Bullseye.

More deep sweeps and washes continue with the space feel. The atmosphere is one of cold hypoxia but aggressive like someone is stepping on your throat. Searching leads weave alongside laser blasts as the storytelling gets thick up in here. Couple a tempo change with an airy flute and you've got yourself a truly thick track. Sub-Saharan Africa meets Event Horizon.

Love Is The Key- "Love is the key. Love is what makes up the universe. The present technology on Earth will only develop to a certain extent, because mankind does not yet understand that love is necessary."

Wow, this guy can create a mood. Rumbling beat at the outset with a plethora (yeah, I said plethora) of effects that carry this to the 2 minute mark. Sweeps was apparently a major of his at university, because he has his degree. As I sit on the toilet! Someone spent some time getting his master's in goa, because he rips one (no pun intended...well, maybe it was) that sounds a lot like E-mantra! The sample is long, but it ain't a flow killer and it's robotic quality fits right in with the outer space goa ride. Groovy, atmospheric, and layer heavy!

Posted Image

F*cking knockout.

The Holographic Sphere- "Visualize an infinte hologram of unconditional of love above your head. This is a holographic sphere with the flower of life pattern. Infinitely expanding inwardly...to infinity."

Ummm, what? That was some bong hit you took, are you all right? Here's a bag of Fritos, work on that. This has all the bpm's of psytrance with the floatation device of progressive washes and long sweeps. It's intense and he ain't done with his goa experiment as he builds to an early climax. Don't worry about it, it happens to all of us. Well, not me, but when you dance like this the girls come running!

Posted Image

Super deep break as the layers cleanse the soul. Power and atmosphere right down the gullet! Good show old boy!

Believe in the Change- I don't think he's talking about menopause. It's like riding around in a cloud city with these ethereal pads. So floaty as the pitch bend wheel gets a workout. Slower, but no less intricate by any means. He uses that scratchy sound that a lot of darkpsy artists work with, but it comes off less...darky. The chant brings you back to Earth and it's more of a progressive drifter with less twists and turns. Still tasty.

One Heart- Never heard of Man Machine, but if Hector's label is releasing it, maybe I should check it out. We've clearly reached the less aggressive portion of our program. Not to say this isn't driving, because it is, just not as lethal as previous tracks. It's more of the standard psygressive style. Not bad.

Izolan- Here he pairs up with this duo that so far have the Midas touch. Their collaboration on Nerso's track Deep Blue was wondrous. This is psytrance that is lush and melodic while also bringing the power. Something hopeful about the melody. Combine that with the unfurling synth lead that knows where it wants to go and you've got the makings of a very intense experience. 303's swirl in the periphery, but whew...good psy!

Energy Of Life- Swirling melodies twist as the beat drives on into the unknown. Loads of layers with some nifty chopped up synths. Not much to say here, just good atmospheric psy that doesn't disappoint.

Galactic Mantra 2011 Remix- This was off the Geometric Poetry album and I thought the original was a slice of all right. It's got a little of that goa sunshine we love so much, but what I don't like is the "I am yadda yadda yaddda crap." It doesn't say that, but you get my meaning. Eliminate that and you have a nice spiraling track with a deep pad heavy break.

Jeez M. Crow it has been a banner year for progressive trance. Can you really call this progressive though? It drifts and flows like it is, but it also has the hands against the wall, spread your legs "I'm gonna kick you in the nuts" aggressiveness that a lot of the world's police force is using. He can float as well as deliver some scathing goa flashbacks. Superb atmosphere creation while punching you in the face with his rhythms. Oh yeah, I recommend this.

Psyshop

Beatspace

GoaStore

Mdk

• 3 months later...

I totally agree! This album is a very well made trance album. I call it trance cause it has has most of the different styles integrated into one (progressive, tech kickass beats, light goa melodies, darkedged tunes).

Especially Izolan...what a fantastic hypnotic song it is!!