infected

Guest Daniel

yes very true, all the tracks are good...but if you want my opinion here is my list:

Psycho (Live Mix)

Symphonatic

Mush Mushi

Bust A Move

Release Me

B.P. Empire

Spaniard

Never Ever Land

Albibeno

Song Pong

Shakawkaw

Drop Out

Ballerium

Yankopitch

Red Filter

Well thats about 1/10 of all their songs....they have sooo many and about 95% of them are all killers, that other 5% are good. The great thing about Infected is that each of their albums have a very different feel to them, they ahve covered typical israeli type trance, melodic trance, deep and dark trance, and experimental trance....they are constantly trying new things WHILE not changing their signature sounds.

I agree with daniel and the other guy. Damn near all of infected's stuff is good.

Towelie:

Geez bro, is there anything you do like. Sheesh. First SYnsun, now infected. Don't tell me you think something like alien project is the shiz??

Infected Mushroom is better than Alien Project, but Alien Project has more imitations, why?

because infected produce intelligent, innovative stuff which isn't easy to copy...

still don't like 'em that much

Guest Daniel

"First 2 albums were sheer class. After that for the most part insignificant."

^^

Perhaps...but not really.

The Gathering was great full on israeli style trance with that Infected edge. There was something primal and evil with that album that drove it, it creeps me out, in a good way.

Classical Mushroom was pure Genious! Making such epic trance tracks, with awesome samples, great effects, unbelievable builds and melodies that were so strong they induce a pure state of amazement. The complexity and construction of that album is a thing of art.

B.P. Empire...this is where some people say they began to slack off, but I disagree, again they took a new direction but instead of something more superficial coated with lots of fun and entertainment they took the deeper route and created an album that you had to dive into and let it marinate to feel it. It's a dark, brooding and severly atmosheric album that's not only deep but impressive if you listen to the complex layers and effects they used, it's just overall a little more subtle than the previous 2 albums.

Converting Vegetarians was their way to have some fun with their new studio. They minimalized on the basslines and focused more on the effects, distrotions, manipulations, and unique sounds (for the trance side)...they came up with something very experimental and they pulled it off for what it was supposed to be. As for the trance side, they wanted to show the fans and others out their what else they can do, by using lyrics, and just having some fun with a different style, actually many different styles.

Overall they haven't made a BAD album, they may have made some that aren't as great as the others but they haven't made one that SUCKS. Of course some may agree, but in my time listening to psy-trance I find that Infected Mushroom and Simon Posford are the un-named KINGS of this genre when it comes to orginality and quality.

-----------------

Everyone is intitled to their opinion, and if you think IM sucks then that's your opinion. I happen to think IM is one of the greatest musical talents around today, that's my opinion....oh well.

Guest Daniel

"So what was this truth you mentioned earlier? Are we ever going to know? Do we care?"

Sure you wanna know what the truth is? The truth is that your a moron who's still being breast fed by his mother.

-------------

Oh and DT...what's up? I just realized where I know you from...lol.

Guest DeeperNET

I didn't like infected for the longest time... but after absorbing it, their tracks are very very well written; In a musical sense, and psychedelic sense. Classical Mushroom and Converting Vegetarians as a whole are amazing, the other two... are alright.

Daniel, what does it matter where someone is from? Your the idiot for being so judgemental. Grow up kid.

-DeeperNET

Guest Duodenum

Classical Mushroom was pure Genious! Making such epic trance tracks, with awesome samples, great effects, unbelievable builds and melodies that were so strong they induce a pure state of amazement. The complexity and construction of that album is a thing of art.

**I do like CM, but it has moments of slight cheeze that bother me. For that reason, I can't fawn over it like so many other people. I DO love Bust A Move and Disco Mushroom.

B.P. Empire...this is where some people say they began to slack off, but I disagree, again they took a new direction but instead of something more superficial coated with lots of fun and entertainment they took the deeper route and created an album that you had to dive into and let it marinate to feel it. It's a dark, brooding and severly atmosheric album that's not only deep but impressive if you listen to the complex layers and effects they used, it's just overall a little more subtle than the previous 2 albums.

**This is my fave IM album. It's very deeep, and I love the metallic, scattered melodies that they use. And "Tasty Mushroom" is amazing IMO. The production also benefits from the new studio....great brain candy.

**My favorite tracks:

-Anyone Else But Me

-Psycho live mix (how do they get that building, swirling acid line? it makes me grind my teeth)

-Crazy D (dunno why people don't mention it, but i love this track)

-Blue Muppet (that final guitar section is trippy as hell)

-Acid Killer (best IM melody ever? check the last few minutes)

Guest Daniel

"Daniel, what does it matter where someone is from? Your the idiot for being so judgemental. Grow up kid."

^^^

What the hell are you talking about? Point out where I was being judgemental about "where someone is from"

oh and...

"Haha... =) Yea? Because -now let me just get this straight- I don't like Infected Mushroom? Oops, looks like someone forgot to take their Xanax this morning."

Oh no, not because you don't like Infected Mushroom, I could really care less about what you think about them, but you wanted some truth, so I gave you some truth. And no I didn't take my Xanax today, I took my Valium tho! :P

They have a few wicked tracks and obviously have skills making cool sounds, but they're not really my cup of tea either.

Anyway, here's the Infected tracks I like the most:

Acid Killer (this one is with Zerox I think?)

Psycho (Live Remix)

P.G.M.

Mushi Mushi

I do like some others but I have to be in the right mood.

Another good track is "Magic Mushroom - One Absolute" which is made by Erez and Lestat