Interesting and aggressive

Ynhamsui

So I was walking down some street and there were some dudes playing some drum and base based songs with those dubstep "features"

I hate Dubstep and this was good.I find dubstep music (tho one I know of) limited and repetitive and I have searched quite a lot.

This new sub genre or whatever its called is damn aggressive and well acomplished, I dont know the name of any of the songs I heard so I was wondering if you guys could show me something about this, Im sure that many may be deeply into it

thanks

Not too sure but I think you might be referring to what's called 'drumstep' if I'm right. Becoming the next cool thing after dubstep I suppose. Here are 2 'drumstep' kind of tracks I know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l-m_fwfu3M

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I was walking down some street and there were some dudes playing some drum and base based songs with those dubstep "features"

I hate Dubstep and this was good.I find dubstep music (tho one I know of) limited and repetitive and I have searched quite a lot.

This new sub genre or whatever its called is damn aggressive and well acomplished, I dont know the name of any of the songs I heard so I was wondering if you guys could show me something about this, Im sure that many may be deeply into it

thanks

Well dubstep grew out of DnB didn't it? Seems logical that there would be something in a sort of midway point between the two.

Tbh there is a lack of dark dubstep nowadays, a couple of gems here and there, gah wish they still made tracks like Vex'd - Thunder, that track is like 6 years old now isn't it, but it still sounds more modern than most stuff being released now, dunno maybe it's just me, can't really tell but lately, dnb & dubstep => :blink:

My favorite 2011 album for now. Very varied with an epic post-apocalyptic atmosphere and excellent drum programming. Fans of Architect's Consume Adapt Create should definitely give this a try. http://www.adnoiseam.net/adn141

Consume Adapt Create is great! Over the last few years I've come across the words "Ad Noiseam" more and more frequently. They put out some good stuff, and no wonder, seeing they release music by Bong-Ra, End.User, Somatic Responses, DJ Hidden.... Oh, and I checked out the rest of the Mobthrow album the moment I heard Bulb Engine :) Great post-apocalyptic feel as you said.