What the feck is Badoo all about?

grammaton_feather

I looked in my junk hotmail folder and found a message from a friend. Friend was on Badoo. I have never heard of Badoo but I have heard of my friend so I signed up. What's strange is that the Badoo email with pic of my friend also showed some other people. It said "you may know these people"... One of the people was my ex girlfriend who lives in China. At this stage I had not signed up with Badoo and I had not shared my hotmail friend list so how did Badoo make the connection between me and my ex girlfriend?

Anyways, I have signed up and I had to manually search through profiles in China until I found hers. It is indeed her. So what the feck is badoo about? It appears to be almost viral in operation and reads like a cheap dating site.

??????

I don't know anything about Badoo, but I've heard that Facebook's friend-suggestion algorithm is also supposed to be alarmingly effective. Though perhaps you should heed this:

In a peer-reviewed study,[7] it was given the lowest score for privacy among 45 social networking sites examined.[8]

I don't know anything about Badoo, but I've heard that Facebook's friend-suggestion algorithm is also supposed to be alarmingly effective. Though perhaps you should heed this:

Hmmm, I can believe that. I think this is what happens when a virus mates with a dating site. Of course they are using the usual tricks to get you to buy special privileges after you join.

Badoo asks you if you want to find your friends by loading your contacts either from hotmail or other social network. The connection is automatically made when you sign up because the system recognized that your ex shared the list of her contacts and you are in that list. The problem is not that you shared your contact list but that your friends did and you are in that list, so the very same moment you signed up for the service the system shown that there is someone who has your email in the system.

I don't know abroad but in italy is the worst dating site ever, basically is more an adult site than anything, loads of pro advertising and selling sex or loads of cheap teenagers looking for guys posting pictures of their bodies and meeting for shagging and whatnot. I was subscribed for a week and checked it out but that's it. If you look like someone with the body of vin diesel or the similar (the more tattoo the merrier) you can shag a lot of teenagers, that's the point of the site, a friend of mine who's a personal trainer did.

Badoo asks you if you want to find your friends by loading your contacts either from hotmail or other social network. The connection is automatically made when you sign up because the system recognized that your ex shared the list of her contacts and you are in that list. The problem is not that you shared your contact list but that your friends did and you are in that list, so the very same moment you signed up for the service the system shown that there is someone who has your email in the system.

I don't know abroad but in italy is the worst dating site ever, basically is more an adult site than anything, loads of pro advertising and selling sex or loads of cheap teenagers looking for guys posting pictures of their bodies and meeting for shagging and whatnot. I was subscribed for a week and checked it out but that's it. If you look like someone with the body of vin diesel or the similar (the more tattoo the merrier) you can shag a lot of teenagers, that's the point of the site, a friend of mine who's a personal trainer did.

Well now you've gone and gotten Feathers all exited. He is probably drooling over the posibility of despreate teens to shag.

I kid, I kid