why has this forum gone to shit

Guest blink

its like pulling teeth to get people to respond to questions nowadays. i remember a year or two ago, people were friendly and concise with their replies. now its all jaded sarcasm. i saw this before in 98 when the scene exploded internationally, but after its calm down in 2000 i expected people to realize the vunerability/fragility of our community and be more supportive of others.

this was sparked by my posting of a review of my track a week or so ago, and a total of 0 responses. i know i have always been nice about thorough reviews. sad that no one else in this forum seems to care anymore? organicparadox-viscious circles

isratrance.com, here i come

blink

Allow me to quote from the off-topic forum:

It's the summer period. Happens every year.

...Most of the regulars aren't regulars anymore..

That combined with the fact that this site isn't updated very often have turned quite a lot of people off... But, we are NOT dead... Far from it... ;o)

DeathPosture

Guest filter

this site and forum used to be one of the best, now its a crummy outdated piece of shit, the guys who run it dont care and wont do anything about it.

ive even offered to help them out and i only got an answer such as "we are working on it..."

this site has lost what it used to be, face it.

filter

psytrance.com.ar

The main page only downlaods properly about 50% of the time i visit. i try to look at the reviews page and it often doesnt work.

Personally i doubt the new version will ever appear and the site will die slowly but surely. Summer is quiet for sure but the forum is pretty bad these days anyway. its a shame but i guess nothing lasts forever, especially as there is no monetary incentive with this site.

The main page only downlaods properly about 50% of the time i visit. i try to look at the reviews page and it often doesnt work.

Personally i doubt the new version will ever appear and the site will die slowly but surely. Summer is quiet for sure but the forum is pretty bad these days anyway. its a shame but i guess nothing lasts forever, especially as there is no monetary incentive with this site.

just come to Isratrance forum ... much better .

imo much more descent information and better moderators

Yeah and more boring... Let's face it - Isratrance is a VAULT of knowledge, but it tends to be a little boring at times doesn't it? Every topic vaguely off-topic is instantly locked or deleted... Well, I guess that's the purpose of the forum - Strictly psy-related talk and that's fine... I use both Isratrance and Psynews... And I'm sure this site will never die completely...

DeathPosture

Who wants to go to Isratrance anyway??? - Those israeli bands are making some shit trance music now. Sounds all the same...They will be responsible for the death of psy trance.

Guest Setsuko

well .. imo as a progressive trance lover Isratrance offers much more constructive reviews and great recommendations ...

compared to the childish bashing over here ... I prefer Isratrance

although I do not really like the releases coming out of Israel.

...and Naiman , you are stupid !

The Ektoplazm Forums have been operating for well over 3 years now and we remain a small alternative to the ailments of these various larger international forums... if you drop by you'll likely find it to be a cozy small-scale community with an active music-makers forum and very little need for moderation... I usually hesitate to pass on the info nowadays, as our site has been regularly active and interesting enough to warrant caution at spreading the word ;) but you know, once in a while it's probably good to send out the trawling nets and see what interesting entities we discover :) try it out if you like...

Guest Talismanic

It's def not cos of the summer that this sites going down. I mean it was like this in winter, and the summer before. The last year has not been a good one for psynews. There is no psynews, reviews are non-existant (I tried to post one, but I forgot my pswd, mailed children and mars, no response, no effort = no reviews) It's a shame.

I used to post under another name here, and have since migrated to another forum, where no one gets flamed for any remarks or opinions, no one starts a fight cos they're weakminded.

This place has some fond memories for me, but sheesh, it's gone the wrong way now.

GG

Guest Talismanic

New version? I've been here for three years now, and there's always been talk about the fabled new site, and the fact that work is constantly being carried out....

GG

Guest Talismanic

But we'll remember how it once was khogg ; ) The good times had, the hilarious times and the akward times. Maybe one day we'll meet up at a festie and carry the spirit on there : )

Bom

GG