Exelization-Neurotrip

Ormion

Hey guys

I have a new track ready. This time I tried to improve a bit production-wise and keep it more clean than my previous one.

I also had it mastered by Colin because I wanted to see how close I can get to the professionals after a mastering is applied.

The style is again a combination of twilight psytrance and dark goa trance that focus more on the melodies than in fx and multi-layering. Chord progressions, mini-climaxes and subtle key changes are included of course. :D

I really like your opinion. All comments are welcome as always.

Cheers! :)

Neurotrip @ soundcloud

Guest nectarios

Not going to comment on the music side of things, as its not my cup of tea. But the mix sounds incoherent. Almost all of the bass is coming from that rather dull kick, there is no bassline really. And them phaser leads are jumping out too much from the speakers, they end up covering everything else up and the kick's very subtle mid range is getting lost when they are playing. I am also not fond of the reverbs' sound, or the selection of reverb algorithms.

I don't know if you were actually going for that really old school sound, but the mix could use some sorting out...the things that sound off are things the mastering cannot sort out. Them issues needed to be addressed before hand.

Peace out.

To be honest I prefer the more subtle bass when it comes to this kind of music. I don't like the high pitched bass that alsmot everyone is using today from full on artists, darkpsy, prog even my fav twilight artists.

I prefer the bass to be there without actually noticing it.

Very nice track we got here (and a long one), first couple of minutes are kind of flat, but later it become interesting and than - 9. minute :huh::o I wet my pants, what a melody, what a atmosphere. Very strong effort from Exelization and free for download :)

Keep up with great work Ormion!

Guest nectarios

To be honest I prefer the more subtle bass when it comes to this kind of music. I don't like the high pitched bass that alsmot everyone is using today from full on artists, darkpsy, prog even my fav twilight artists.

I prefer the bass to be there without actually noticing it.

I was not talking about higher pitch, more like loud enough so you can actually hear it! There is practically no bassline in the mix, but hey, if you fancy it, its all that matters.

Peace out.

I was not talking about higher pitch, more like loud enough so you can actually hear it! There is practically no bassline in the mix, but hey, if you fancy it, its all that matters.

Peace out.

I see. I'm thinking of making a remix of the track, making it more interesting and improve the mix a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

nice effort, but still - as mentioned before - misses chorence and the real clmiax and extra spirals making the track really psychedelic (trance).

Kick and base (especially kick) could be more hard imo.

The drive is somewhat gone by a missing of a trance balance between the layers.

Hopefully I wasn't too negative: but - keep on trippin'!!!!

nice effort, but still - as mentioned before - misses chorence and the real clmiax and extra spirals making the track really psychedelic (trance).

Kick and base (especially kick) could be more hard imo.

The drive is somewhat gone by a missing of a trance balance between the layers.

Hopefully I wasn't too negative: but - keep on trippin'!!!!

Thanks for the comments. I agree about the extra spirals. I can see it more clear now after I'm done with it.

I'll try to improve.