1. Languor

2. Perceiving the universe

3. Between

4. En Reve

5. Space Ghosts

6. God's Channel (extended mix)

7. Inside the harmony

8. Life Textures

I want to tell you that there is nothing funny about this review. Unless of course, my storytelling is so bad that you find it funny. After listening to this, I didn't want to be amusing as this had an effect on me. It is some beautiful space ambient that carried me away and allowed my mind to drift. This is Dmitry V. Red'ko from Siberia and he has produced a brilliant almost beatless journey. It is vivid and lush and perfect dreamtime music that I don't understand why it scored so poorly on Discogs. While the tracks are great in their own right, I believe maximal effect is achieved in a stright through listening. There are 2 versions of this CD mixed and unmixed. I don't know if he is still in Siberia, but I imagine there really isn't much to do there. It obviously works wonders for the imagination.

The intro track sets the stage for a truly cosmic experience. It twinkles and shines as I'm just seeing the sun's rays streak from behind the moon. I shift the vessel into auto pilot and do a systems check.

Posted Image

All systems are functioning normally and I plot our course for the Russian space station. Stars born millions of years ago dot the atmosphere as my ships computers click and whirr in cold silence. Alien forms dance with ethereal grace and a heavenly voice puts me at ease. As I stare at the cold vastness of space, dreaming of a simpler time, the lights on the global positioning system flicker to life informing me that we are approaching the space station.

Posted Image

Checking the life support systems I begin the docking procedure. A solar flare of a million colors explodes past the window and I catch myself staring at the myriad of shapes. The steel machinery works in blind obedience as it gathers my ship in. Metallic echoes bounce off the chipped paint and blurred logos of the spacecraft, and I begin to wonder why I'm here. What happened to the crew of this once proud accomplishment? The most expensive and incredible technological marvel humankind has ever built. Sent to begin the mammoth task of re population. It was to be a floating city, hovering thousands of miles above the Earth, comprised of scientists, workmen, and many other citizens to take the burden off society as we know it. Barely 47 years old, the initial crew of 275 recently stopped transmitting and I am the first to be sent to reestablish contact.

Posted Image

As I board the ship the first thing I notice is how vast it is. That, and the oppressive cold. Power and life support systems are down so I am forced to remain inside my suit. I attempt to make my way to the crew's quarters to hopefully find someone who can explain what happened. Ice crystals tumble through the air forming on all things metal. The station is equipped with tremendous windows to allow the beauty of space to be viewed. So many levels, so many manufactured environments. It's eerie to walk alone in a place usually vibrant with life. As I stare down at the Earth behind a thick plexiglass window I wonder what my family is doing.

Posted Image

As the sun dips from view, the darkness is oppressive. Whispers come from all sides and I continue my lonely walk at a slow pace. Nobody tells you about the silence, about how loud it is. I find myself talking just to hear something. At the ships bridge and control center, I find that their last entry is a week ago. Something appeared outside the ship, something brilliant.

Posted Image

As I am combing through files and data entry shapes real and unreal appear and disappear. If a person could have a trail, like a heavenly body they flutter across the room. There is no spoken word, but I understand clearly all that is said. It tells of a disruption, of an intrusion by man. Attempting to go where they were not meant to. A bridge to another plane where things were not meant to be seen. A portal began to open, as if space were slowly twisted open. Instead of being black like in the movies, it was anything but.

Posted Image

Imagine love ones long gone, plainly visible right before your eyes as plain as your breath in the coldest of winters. The greenest grass tumbling across the plains and a sunset comprised of so many reds and oranges and yellows that you cannot hope to describe it. To be able to soar amidst the peaks of the Himalayas as birds as big as jetplane fly right next to you. Forests so thick and with trees that scrape the atmosphere. This is a place of dreams, where there is no hunger, there is no war, and all is attainable.

Is it heaven? The water at a stream is so clear I take a drink and it is so refreshing. Impossibly so. A female figure dressed in flowing robes approaches and she is breathtaking. Hair of the brightest gold and skin so smooth she speaks without speaking, in tones that are wise and musical at the same time. She says that everything I could ever want is here. I will never be hungry or thirsty, never bored or lonely, and money has no value here.

Posted Image

As I look about I see myself moving, but I am not in control. I remove my suit and activate the airlock. The barrier door closes behind me and I am screaming at myself, pleading for me to stop this madness. The countdown to safety ends and I feel myself sucked into the great void. Twisting colors wrap themselves about my body and I float effortlessly towards nothing at all. The lush green grass and the magic birds disappear and I am left alone. Feeling the air being snatched from my lungs, I tumble as the molecules of my body tear themselves apart. Taking one final glance at the space station, the woman with the golden hair is smiling coldly, as her eyes turn an evil green.

Juno

Mdk

Nice review mate.

About why it is so poorly rated at Discogs, it is because of the hacking done by pirate eiko from the roots of Discogs API's, of course eiko aka Articuno still hacking the system down of the people, releases and labels he personally do not appreciate.

Now about the purchase of this album-

There's 2 versions available here: One CDr and one CD-

CDr with unreleased track #6

Official CD released by Arabesque

Psyshop

Saikosounds

Digital: Altar Records ; Bandcamp

• 2 months later...

Astropilot's best album to date. Just pure beatless soundscapes that make you trip away into space.

Ordered it yesterday, together with Hybrid Leisureland's Scroll Slide.

Solar Walk will leave you at ease, at the end of the cd you will feel total calm. I had the feeling I had to listen again, it was like a drug. Wonderful music thus. :wub:

ps: Trance2MoveU, beautiful review mate. You nailed it.