NEED suggestions

murphythecat

MFG - Project Genesis is the best dark goa album I've heard. Listen to the stuff going on in "On Mars" and "Project Genesis", the rhythms flow into each other, and all the layers fit. And yes I've listened to a fair amount of other dark goa like UX,Darshan,Cydonia...any others which might top MFG?

Well, I can fully relate to murphy's situation, because I'm the same - I LIKE Pleiadians and AP, but am very far, far away from LOVING their music. The pinnacle of old-school psychedelic trance music for me is Cosmosis "Synergy", closely followed by (in alphabetical order):

• Koxbox "Dragon Tales" (+ the singles: Life Is, Stratosfear, Too Pure),
  • Psychopod "Headlines E.P.",
  • Deviant Electronics "Brainwashing Is Child's Play",
  • Hallucinogen "The Lone Deranger",
  • Ominus' "Ominus",
  • Orichalcum & The Deviant "Orichalcum & The Deviant",
  • Psychaos "Cause And Effect",
  • Shakta "Silicon Trip",
  • Slide "Unstable",
  • Somaton "Future Memories",
  • Space Tribe "Sonic Mandala",
  • Technossomy "Synthetic Flesh",
  • The Green Nuns of The Revolution "Rock Bitch Mafia",
  • Transwave "Helium",
  • UX "Ultimate Experience",
  • Flying Rhino's V/A (Airborn, First Flight, Boyd In The Void),
  • X-Dream "Radio" (+ Radiohead & The Frog singles),
  • X-Dream "Panic In Paradise",
As you can see, these are not very melodic (like AP or Pleiadians), but much more on the psychedelic, twisted, mental side of things.

Uh...Synergy is a pretty "standard" goa album imo. I don't find it fresh or different from goa produced previously. Cosmology easily tops it for me.

And yup if you're looking for mental and twisted then AP and a lot of goa (melodic/happy stuff) isn't your thing, you're better off listening to older psy than going all the way back to goa.

Uh...Synergy is a pretty "standard" goa album imo. I don't find it fresh or different from goa produced previously. Cosmology easily tops it for me.

Ok, we seem to be trying to discuss 'taste' here which is pointless, but why on Earth you say Synergy is "standard"!?! Please point me to any other album like that! I never said it was 'fresh' or 'different', but - FOR ME! - it has everything that is important in psychedelic trance in right places and in right amounts. For me it is a perfect example of what psychedelic trance is all about. And please note that I wrote "psychedelic trance" and not "goa", because it is NOT goa.

Ok, we seem to be trying to discuss 'taste' here which is pointless, but why on Earth you say Synergy is "standard"!?! Please point me to any other album like that! I never said it was 'fresh' or 'different', but - FOR ME! - it has everything that is important in psychedelic trance in right places and in right amounts. For me it is a perfect example of what psychedelic trance is all about. And please note that I wrote "psychedelic trance" and not "goa", because it is NOT goa.

Synergy came out in '98 and I feel that there are albums released before it that do what it did better like Trust in Trance, Lets Turn On, Alien Protein, Cosmology. It doesn't give me the feeling that other albums do. Standard meaning it sounds like most goa trance. So yeah it comes down to taste then ;) I feel Synergy is goa though.