Azax Syndrom vs Bliss - Round 1

Ormion

Posted Image

1. Azax Syndrom vs Bliss - War On The Ground

2. Bliss - Funksick

3. Azax Syndrom - Hokuto Shin Ken

4. Azax Syndrom vs Bliss - The Better Man

5. Azax Syndrom - Flawless Victory (Bliss rmx)

6. Bliss - Sinner Bee (Azax Syndrom rmx)

7. Azax Syndrom vs Bliss - Psycho Madness

8. Azax Syndrom - Live or die

9. Bliss - Zero Hour

You know not all the Israeli Full On is cheesefest.

This vs album proves that.

If you're familiar with both artists you should know what to expect. If you don't then know that this is party music to the bone.

Very hard beats, fast bass and simple yet energetic melodies to burn some dancefloors.

Bliss' tracks are full of twists and changes, with generous doses of humour. It seems like the artist wanted to fill every moment of his tracks with a different idea. They're complex, yet strange.

Azax's tracks are powerful, fast, with noisy and addictive melodies.

The collaborations tracks are all of the above. Climaxes, melodies, power and a lot of aggressive attitude.

For what this album was made it's great. If you want story telling, intelligent complex melodies or big intros search somewhere else. This is energetic psy to the max.

Things I dislike in this album:

-It sounds a bit plastic. It sounds too 'empty', 'hollow', despite the madness. The sounds don't have the right 'warmth'. This is something that happens the last years in this specific type of Full On. I've heard way more 'plastic' albums like Azax's album Evolution, but I need more liquid sounds the next time.

-The guitars they use in The Better Man which I personally dislike. I live with them though.

-The horrible cover of course.

Fav tracks: 1, 3(!), 7 and the last part of 9(!) :D

Samples: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dri/dri1cd005.html

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7994

Are you sure we are not related? I also felt this was very hollow with almost no surprises. It sounded the same all the way through and Azax is nowhere near the wicked powerhouse he used to be. Remember Hagi Gat? Big Mystery? I miss that insanity. Don't even ask about Bliss. What the hell was that last album all about? Someone should be in the Looney Bin.

Mdk

Are you sure we are not related? I also felt this was very hollow with almost no surprises. It sounded the same all the way through and Azax is nowhere near the wicked powerhouse he used to be. Remember Hagi Gat? Big Mystery? I miss that insanity. Don't even ask about Bliss. What the hell was that last album all about? Someone should be in the Looney Bin.

Mdk

We're brothers in taste! :D

Hagi Cat and Big Mystery are fantastic tracks I agree.

Have you listened to that one? Bliss seems to got improved.

Again 4/5...

I dont understand about the sound not having enough 'warmth' considering this is supposed to be more harder and heavy than trancey full-on.

Azax's tracks from the 2004-2005 period had a more metallic sound and the synths were more liquid. Maybe it's just me though.