Do You Read Reviews?

psytones

review poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. whats your poll on reviews?

• I prefer to read reviews of albums I know or/and like
    • I prefer to read reviews of albums I don't know
    • This poll is time consuming
    • I usually only follow some peoples words about music because ..
    • I dont usually don't even read reviews
    • I sort of read everything I camo across as
    • This poll has too many questions
    • Can't poll this!
    • I don't do drugs

he was talking about THE BAD drugz!!! the ones you mentioned are THE GOOD ones!!! they are all healthy and not addictive :wacko:

Tbh I think I'm more addicted to caffiene than anything else out there :rolleyes:

I tend to vaguely skim reviews to get overall feelings, order the cds that people seem to be liking a lot and then totally ignore any post that may have some sort of value judgement about the said album until after I've listened to it at least once. THEN I read everything in depth.

Well, I actually don't like reading too detailed reviews. I do like writing them though but I never read other people's. That's why I have from this year written a succinct review followed by a track by track description so people can just read what they want and then stop.

^:lol: + one MattMan, i agree, even though my reviews are at times total jalla, I hope they give some sort of amusement to some people I think reviews you write about is also a positive thing because it can reflect the vibe of the album. I'd suggest you read my review of Arsenic to see what I mean, and also the La Mila review which is as cheesy as the album. I think it's nice when the writing style sort of reflects the music. But yes, concrete useful information is gold for unknown and new albums your curious about. But if I know and have an album I can read a lot of detailed descriptions, fantasy writings etc for fun. I remember PKS's reviews on trance.net, they where of poor quality, boring writing style and nothing exiting about them. But they did their job, was short and concrete of what to expect, so I enjoyed them for this fact. When I see reviews by Jon Cocco I enjoy the look and feel of it, but unfortunally I almost never read them, just skim (thanks Basilisk) through and read the end points to get the concrete information I'm after.

So many ways to write a review (and damn time/energy consuming at times!). So many ways to read and listen.

And of course we have the negative shit throwing offensive humorist, direct and fun reviews of Ie. Psyreviews. people love shit.

men you like faith no more!!!! mike patton is a genious, have you listen to mr.bungle one of its project, one of its many project!