Kaledoid (=Transwave) - Anjuna EP

Lemmiwinks

discogs link

A Anjuna (Twilight Mix)

B Anjuna (Dark Mix)

This one is for Transwave fans :) This is actually Transwave in disguise because aparently they had to change their name at the last minute because of label contract issues. You can clearly hear the (old) Transwave sound, especially that trademark 303. That said, there aren't any of the catchy melodies that made their classics , it has a driving darkish feeling to it. I guess that this is what they called trance for the night hours back then. A nice collector's item but not really classic material (I'm not saying it's not good though :) )

The twilight mix of Anjuna runs at 150 bpm. I consider it a top choice tune for the peak of old school DJ set. It flows well, melodic stuff from start to finish. In my top-5 Transwave tracks.

The dark mix is a bit stripped down version I don't enjoy as much, albeit it's not bad either.

there aren't any of the catchy melodies that made their classics

I think you listened to a wrong vinyl mate.

the longer track on this vinyl has a bit the same vibe as Scarecrow's DMT Slave

only Kaledoid is pure 303 afaik, a clear sound and pounding kicks

the one i mentioned has more distortion going on innit or sth.. rougher trashier sound

it definitely is a timeless record.. still sounds fresh, and works as a bomb on the dancefloor

This one is for Transwave fans :)

for me it's just the other way round

i love most of his side-projects on vinyl, but most transwave tracks are not my cup of tea

• 4 months later...