i've been officially converted

colin, you can spank me!

haha!

i got a nord modular g1

i'm fucking thrilled!

i sold off that 56# behemoth monster prophet 5 and all my 'vintage' gear! i have 'newer' gear now! less worries in the mind about possible repairs, although i did them myself, part sourcing is becoming harder and harder.

so yay me, i have a digital synth, and it rocks...and i still have an analog piece, an akai vx-600 ;) so two 37 or less key synths are in my arsenal plus i'm looking to add a nice analog monosynth to finalize my simple setup.

still have a bunch of vintage gear, but it's all on the market as it is my income still :)

THIS WAS REALLY MEANT AS A HELLO TO EVERYBODY, AND THAT I WILL BE RETURNING SHORTLY! Trying to stay focused on bodybuilding, musical creations, and ... and... life! :-)

Hope you're all happy and well!

Aaron

Congrats Aaron, you won't regret it. This link might prove useful:

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/index.p...579d9426a49de4c

Don't forget to download the patch library!

Quick tip: you've probably already worked this out but you'll probably need to set your processor scheduling to "Programs" temporarily when you start the editor and connect it to the NM1, then turn it back to "Background Services" when you've got them talking.

Congrats Aaron, you won't regret it. This link might prove useful:

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/index.p...579d9426a49de4c

Don't forget to download the patch library!

Quick tip: you've probably already worked this out but you'll probably need to set your processor scheduling to "Programs" temporarily when you start the editor and connect it to the NM1, then turn it back to "Background Services" when you've got them talking.

Colin! I'm pretty sure I wont. I had a nord 2x and while I loved it, I kept hearing so much better things about the nord modular g1 and original nord lead, sooooooo one popped up the other day and I had to buy it right away! I have not received it yet. I am anticipating it's arrival though. Excited to load up the software and begin patching away hah! Glad I know synthesis well enough :-D so stoked! Now if I could find the voice card!@ HEEHEE

Welcome back, devious 2.0.1. :)

Thanks Otto! I'm glad you've also returned. ;)

Aaron

I've been tempted to give you a good talking to since I first saw this thread for relinquishing a P5, but I'll refrain. Not that the Nord isn't probably a good synth as well, but the P5 is a classic!

Next time you want to unload a classic analog synth, talk to me first! :clapping:

How You Do'in !?!

Still trading synths eh well anything you can do yourself is 10x better then relying on someone else.

Work for yourself and you won't be unemployed soon.

NN! =] I'm doing good! And yes, you're right. I make way more doing what I do now, and spend less time doing it...than I have ever before working for anybody else. :-) Freedom! I could make more, but...I work like 2 hours a day and well, I won't even say how much I make heehee.

I've been tempted to give you a good talking to since I first saw this thread for relinquishing a P5, but I'll refrain. Not that the Nord isn't probably a good synth as well, but the P5 is a classic!

Next time you want to unload a classic analog synth, talk to me first! :clapping:

Hey, the prophet 5 is a sweet synth, but I am trying to be more practical about music making these days. Space limitations and such. I mean, at one point, I had a p5, minimoog model d, yamaha sk50d, 2x sh 101s, and various other gear sitting in the living room. I wasn't using most of it because it was just *too much*. Well, I was planning on keeping the Prophet 5 out of all my vintage stuff, but .... in reality, the CEM sound was not riding me well. While I obsessed about the way the Prophet 5 looked, it wasn't a SSM based P5 and the CEM sound really did push me away from liking the sound. I mean, it has its place, but I overly used it and moved away from it. Honestly, I've had more fun playing with an Ensoniq SQ1, a cheap wavetable digital synth....and have gotten way more sounds out of it that I'd use in a heart beat than the Prophet 5. :-)

My modular and akai vx600 arrived today. I already love the sound of the vx600 more than the prophet 5....and it was only 600 bucks versus the 2700 dollars I sold the prophet 5 for [which I paid 1498 for it :-) but I also had a TON of parts for it when I sold it because...what to do with vintage gear? Collect parts for them because...they will run out! ha ha! and break down eventually!]

So, for shits and giggles...here's the prophet 5's listing on ebay :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...O:IT&ih=012

Enjoy the photos! SAD THING IS, it's still sitting in customs in Italy! :( fucking customs!

Aaron