Trip to Colorado or....

Trance2MoveU

My wife and I have recently returned from a week's vacation in Colorado. We saw (and photographed) many beautiful sights. Pictures can't begin to tell you the whole story, although my wife has become quite skillful with our little digital camera. We flew into Denver and rented an SUV. I'm glad we did, because I have never seen so much snow in my life. This is in April. April! Also, for those that don't know, Colorado is located at a very high elevation. Denver is called the mile high city, and it ain't due to drugs! The drive in was on highway 24 which is a one lane road through the mountains. We were caught in a blizzard, with the road covered with snow and ice and it was night. Scary indeed. But enough talk, here are some snaps:

First stop: Garden of the Gods at the base of Pike's Peak.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's me the day after we got in, and it was almost 60 degrees F.

Posted Image

The next day we drove to the Great Sand Dunes National Park Beautiful. They have the largest Sand dunes in North America. The highest one is 750 feet, and climbing it at that altitude was the toughest physical challenge I have ever had. When I finally reached the summit, of course the batteries in the camera died. :(

This is what I drove through to get there:

Posted Image

and these are called the Collegiate Peaks:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then we went to The highest National Park in the country.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can probably tell, I love the natural parks. I have such an appreciation for the natural beauty that is out there. My wife calls me a collector. They give you these cool maps when you enter the parks and my goal is to acquire them all. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the pics and I will have some more when we return from our cruise to the Caribbean. Maybe.

Mdk

Caribbean? <_< OK, that's it, you are banned from Psynews for teasing us (me) too much with those awesome pics while we (I) get a *#$+ grey weather.

Oh, and thanks for the awesome pics :posford: