exporting a MIDI fie in fruityloops?

So I'm trying to find out how to do that. Somebody wants to remix

a track of me, but I use strictly FL and he does Cubase...that's why MIDI seems a solution I guess...

Well, I can easily find the option where it says 'Export MIDI file', but that's it. If I render the project, I get a one Kb

big file that contains nothing at all. What am I doing wrong? Is it something logical again I don't understand yet?

Any help is appreciated!

Next to the play button theres pat and song lights.. put the song mode on

No no, that's not it...I already did so...I'll include a file where you should be able to see the screen I get when I choose to render a MIDI.

Maybe you guys are able to see what is wrong there...

First thing you need to do is "prepare" your project for midi export. FL can only export midi channels, therefore it can't export directly from the vst itself. This is how u do it:

Tools>Macros>Prepare for midi output

File>Export>Midi File - make sure before you open the midi export window you select "song" in the play bar if you want to export youre whole track in midi, not pattern, as it will only export the midi from the current Pattern you have selected in FL (unless you want that of course).

And that should be it! ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello there, I've just started out making Psytrance and I came across this thread. I'm really wanting to see someone elses work as a .flp or midi file so I can break it down as I believe this is the best way to learn. I'm using FL studio 7 it would be great if you could send me the midi file or the fruity loops file.

Thanks

My e-mail is fenner.no.u@googlemail.com thanks again