Can I make Goa music with Garageband?

Is anyone familiar with GarageBand? Can I produce or make GOA and/or download GOA kits to make Goatrance music with GarageBand???

OMG. That would be amazing if I learned how to make GOA music. But I have no other equipment, nor the interest to invest in other equipment at this time in my life.

I would absolutely LOVE to make a Goa track and post it for your ladies and gents feedback and criticism. Please offer any insight possible. Thanks!!! :)

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I think you could forget the garageband. To produce serious sounds you need a new Ableton Live (i dont say download the cracked ~80mb software, but you could do that). Ableton could have be strange at first but its the best. You need some realy good vsts: Albino, Vanguard, NWSynth, Discovery, D-Pole, Glitch etc. (i recommend these for goa).

Then you need just years of experience :)

nah, nothing is the "best" program, just try different programs to see what gets you working too most easily , you have lots of options --> reason 4 , cubase , ableton, fruityloops, with mac : Logic and protools.

garageband is very limited so you wont get much out of it.

just experiment and after a while you'll understand more and it will get easier, the beginning is always hard :)

i worked with reason , fruityloops , ableton and cubase and eventually i settled for cubase , the other programs are just as good for making songs but the cubase "workflow" just worked for me :)

I worked with FL, reason, Logic and now Cubase... I like Logic and Cubase the most(almost the same way you build your tracks)... I use Cubase now caus i don't have a mag(Logic only runs on MAC)

So go get cubase if you use a PC, or logic if you use a mac.

There is no best sequencer imo. I have heard good results from any of the above... For me my choice is Cubase and Ableton, at first place, and Logic at 2nd, but some people might think that FL Studio is THE goa production system :D Be creative, instead of worrying if you use the best possible program. :)

I've been learning and using ableton lately and am really happy with this software, its very comfortable, clean, and efficient to work with and fixes some of the problems of clutter and disorganization from other software. I recommend using this rather than cubase, reason, or logic since ableton has some inovations above these programs.

I will however add that FL remains superior for quickness of laying down and manipulating beats or melodies, which are very intensive in goa.