Most valuable gear to an aspiring DJ.

Hey guys, I would love some more opinions and feedback from everyone if you wouldn't mind providing it; after all, I have a really hard time deciding what the hell I want for breakfast :lol:....

What would you say the most valuable gear a DJ can own would be? Speakers, decks, mixers, amps, cases...? After doing some banking today I found that between two countries and a couple bank accounts I have a fairly decent sized wad of cash that I never knew about. I desperately need a new car, and I really don't feel like living off $.15 for up to a week again, but I would like to get one or the other of the following in the future....

Part of me would like to buy a DJM-909- odds are high that I would end up just going with a DJM-400- but I already have a fairly well priced and semi-disposable Numark DXM09 that offers some pretty decent sound quality and gets the job done. The DXM09 is my very first mixer, so I don't actually know if sound quality can get any better with a mixer, but as far as controls/functions/effects/layout/price goes.... This is the best.

Part of me would like to buy two CDJ-1000MK3's but if you ask me these things are a bit overpriced and honestly, other than the ability to save hot cues and loops, does any creativity come out of a CDJ?

Part of me would like to buy two Mackie SA1530z's. They're blisteringly loud and the fidelity, depth, and power is unreal. Also, let's not forget that they're active. Paired with Mackie SRM450's they would provide an excellent experience for crowds at parties, but at home they would make gaming and listening to music all around godly.

What would you guys go with?

if you want to begin djing and you dont know if you like it or will continue doing it i dont recommend to buy the coolest of the bestest of it all. Just start with pioneer cdj 100's or 200's if you can afford and a cheap 2 channel 3eqway mixer. It ll teach you the basics from where you can venture into the rest of the world of dj equipment. if you dont know the basics you are going to get lost in all the shit.

Besides the gear, make sure you have a decent cd collection or charge beatport.

If you can make a decent 2 hour set that is coherent and beatmixed and eq'ed well then progress into fxs etc if you want.

good luck!

original music that really represents your vision, so every time you play it, people notice that this is really 100% your taste and style, and that your having the best time in the world. which enables themselves to also have the best time in the world.

I think TRohr has been mixing for quite some time if i'm not mistaken. I've tried a bit of mixing and i'd say the most important part would be the mixer. Have you tried Tracktor? With a good control surface and audio interface it's really good. Otherwise i'd say the DJM-909, depends also on the quality of the CD players, what do you have?

I actually ended up throwing down on a pair of SA1530z's and am hoping to get two pairs of sub's soon.... Combined with my SRM450's I should be able to attract a fairly decent crowd. I figured that since I already have a road case packed with two CDJ-200's and a DXM09 three channel mixer with more bells and whistles than most professional mixers have, I might as well get the most important component; the means to project what I am doing to the crowd. Sure DJM-1000's are fun, but honestly, who the hell could utilize all of that, especially with Psychedelic Trance..... It's really just a sound board. Even the DJM-800 is a little overboard if you ask me.