Xamanist :: This is a warning (psy/goa/dark/prog)

Xamanist

Hi fellow trance-heads!

Xamanist is my new solo project, after the stop of my previous duo Swan X-1.

In this project I'm after the perfect balance between progressive and goa... sometimes dark, sometimes full of light

"This is a warning" is a track that I started in 2000, after Boom Festival. Has been sleeping in my archive till now... i listened to it recently and decided to refresh it for my actual ears

Enjoy! And please leave your feedback, it's important to me.

link: http://www.psytracks.com/Xamanist

boom!

• Like 1

It's strange! I like it! :)

Your track has some rare elements. For example it's both dark and funky sometimes, something really difficult to achieve. Also the mixture of styles works great. The only somewhat close to your style is CrowNick, but still not quite similar. There are many stuff to your track. FX, samples, melodies they all fit really good. I can also hear some jazz influence?

Also the key change around 06:16 is great.

The most impressive about your track is that it somehow feels like it has the double lenght than the actual one. It lasts 07:44 but feels like a 12 minutes track IMO.

Keep going!!! :clapping:

BTW Xamanist is a GREAT artist name ;)

thanks for listening and commenting ;)

Indeed is a strangelly interesting track, that mixes a lot of styles and keeps changing and changing... I really like its story

thanks for the compliments and encouragement, you really got the spirit and idea of the track ;) the jazz influence is there too indeed!

I really like Xamanist, couldn't find a better name... being a Xaman with action and intention :)

more reviews?

boom

Hey serguei, really tasty track ! Some key changes remind me on Joti Sidhu, crazy structures you've got there. I like it, it is as Ormion said both dark and funky, has certain positivity about it in the background. I could also recognize some fractal patterns while listening, very nice. :D

great track!!i find it dark and funky also,and with a bit of tribal feeling,love it!production and sequences are very good and those synths with resonant filters fit perfectly.

above all,it's different and that's more than enough to get you hooked on it since the first seconds,keep up the great work mate!all the best for your new project

cheers

• 2 weeks later...