Nitch O Not

StraydoG

While getting a few CDs I decided to try some Nitch so I got "Cyan - Beast from the East" & "Holymen - Nitch O Not" (thanks heaps technosomy!).

Cyan is a really good CD, absolutely love that one. The Holymen is a little strange, it has some good stuff but some really childish, goofy things too.

So far thats my only experience with the style but could anyone recommend others similar to Cyans CD or Holymen but more GOA/PSYish, less retarded?

If you're talking about Greek Nitzhonot aka upilifting (my ass) Trance, then only Cyan have some good tracks.

The rest is a huge pile of BullSHIT!!!

Especially stay away from Cherouvim (totally disgusting)!!!

Best pure nitzhonot tracks are on Morning in space compilation.... from ezotery space

there are also some good tracks on discobole compilations...

Best "nitzhonot/goa project is definetly goa syndrome...tracks like vimana or out of control are classics

Dear Nitzho-lover, please stay away from ev0l people trying to convince you from the fact that this music sucks balls.

Listen to me instead ;)

OK, so what do we have here? You listened Cyan & Holymen. Two totally different visions on one style of music imo,

and if I'm honest I can't really say a lot of good words about that Holymen album you're talking about. Kinda cheezy (and if I think something's cheezy, it really IS cheezy!).

Nitzhonot, and especially the old stuff, has quite some interesting material to offer. Only problem is how to find it. I'll point out some releases for you...

I already saw people here talking about the Sonichaos - Technologica CD. Indeed a great album, very creative and inventive. Moreover, this was one of the first Nitzhonot albums ever. Next to that, I'd suggest you to take a listen to the 'Over The Sunrise' CD. It's one of the quintessential Nitzhonot compilations, containg tracks from Shidapu, Hyperion and Reverse Psychology.

Other important compilation series are the Ptzatzot CD's on Kajoonk Records + the first three Janana CD's on Typhoon Records.

I think that's enough to start with. You'll discover more artists and music when you start with the stuff I mentioned here.

And what about Nitzhonot today? There are some interesting internet-releases focusing on this style of music.

First of all there's Eutuchia Records (www.eutuchia.com). The compilations on that label offer a broad diversity of Nitzhonot styles, including the Greek epic style and some more Psychedelic stuff. Next to that I'd suggest you to download some Pandemonium! songs. Pandemonium! aka Filipe Santos recently changed his style from Goa to Nitzhonot, and in my eyes he's doing a great thing. His tracks are kickass and totally Nitzhonot, with some Goa influences. I bet you like it!

If you wish more information, don't hesitate to contact me! :lol:

I really liked the Karahana compilation (or album, most of same artist psycholoop)

Indeed a sweet album. The second part is sweet as well...

I'd suggest Straydog to do some Ebay research. You'll discover some of the albums mentioned here!