Progressive Morning

Maden

I was not really into progressive psytrance before, and when i do the point today, for my best of 2007, i count lot of progressive morning album in the top. So is it me or, the progressive section in that genre is growing and growing to be very respected and take a real place nowaday.

I am thinking about Protonica - Sound Field - Ovnimoon - Ibojima , some pretty new name in the scene for me, and with a strong morning touch.

without forgetting vibrasphere of course :)) do you know similar album to these named ?

And what is your opinion about that genre ?

Absolutely adore the genre. Most of it isn't really psychedelic but the groove is amazing.

This year more morning sound came from Matenda, GMO, etc

Tons of incredible prog releases like Vibrasphere, Gaudium, Perfect Stranger, Day.Din, Kiwa, VA - Extrasensory Perception, etc

This year we got a flood of great prog releases, I can barely keep up with purchasing the CDs.

I'm pretty happy, it does sound the same quite a bit but so does every genre of music compared to itself, that's why we have genres. It's just that I still haven't had enough of this particular 'sound' :)

lately progressive bores me, it all sounds the same now..

same here, there was a time when prog actually had some teeth and could bite but now it's all wishy washy tralala boredom, no edge, no nothing. waiting for the new Zenon release though

Anyway, Antix' last album was not bad, same goes for Perfect Stranger and Ace Ventura, but apart from that I'm afraid there's not much I can recommend... or maybe it just escaped my mind.

same here, there was a time when prog actually had some teeth and could bite but now it's all wishy washy tralala boredom, no edge, no nothing. waiting for the new Zenon release though

Anyway, Antix' last album was not bad, same goes for Perfect Stranger and Ace Ventura, but apart from that I'm afraid there's not much I can recommend... or maybe it just escaped my mind.

Zenon is probably the only real psychedelic prog, Shadow FX, Tetrameth, Sensient, that's some crazy stuff.

New Antix is more electro than prog, PS never disappoints, AVs new album was my most anticipated CD and I just don't get it at all. I have to hear it in a club because for home listening there is nothing in it for me.

None of this stuff is 'morning' though, maybe some of Perfect Stranger.

What do you call it then?

Add 12 Moons and old S>Range to my list by the way.

I dont know, Human Blue for me is pretty much just Psychedelic Trance, Matenda I dont know, as well maybe? and 12 Moons is for me one of the most trancy psy acts out there :)

I just dont agree that its progressive... :) (In the terms of of Ticon, Son Kite, Ace Ventura, BBE etc) :) (Like I said, it was not a diss!) :)