4. Half A Life

5. Popup

6. Interlude Part 1

7. Just Free

8. This Is The Love

9. Interlude Part 2

10. Back and Forth

11. Reflected

Why have no one reviewed this Album.. Am i the only one who loved this release, actually its a pretty long while ago, a proggy album talked to me, as much as this one did.

The first track takes me a few years back, very emotional for me. I can here a little of the old "FREq" in this one. actually "Speakers corner" reminds me of alot of other artists, maby a little "ticon", "Neelix" and "flowjob"in some of the tracks to. But it is NOT a copy of them, Day.din have combined the different styles and techniqes in a whole new perspective, with his unique look at how proggy trance should sound like. Great flow, nicely placed percussion, simple pumpin basslines(as there supposed to be) Nice dreamy pads and effects, perfectly played synths, delicious vocal samples, oh i could go on all night...

So if you havent listened to this album before, what are you waiting for? This is state of the art, progressive trance!

9/10

Favorits:(1!),2,(4!!),5,8,(10!!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Posted Image

Artist: Day.Din

Title: Speakers Corner

Label: Spintwist Records

Date: June, 2007

1. All Good Things

2. Rapture

3. Daypod

4. Half A Life

5. Popup

6. Interlude Part 1

7. Just Free

8. This Is The Love

9. Interlude Part 2

10. Back and Forth

11. Reflected

This is Deniz Aydin from the Burg in Germany with his debut album. I liked A Place To Be Real so much that I decided to investigate his catalog.

All Good Things- "It's your nature to question things."

Nice swagger with effects from the stratosphere. Synths echo and shimmer as both breaks leave me with a good feeling.

Posted Image

It ain't gonna play with itself sweetheart. Get crackin.

It's a good pumping track that while fairly simple still sounds full.

Rapture- The solid grooves continue as do the effects which prop this thing up with some nice, cold atmosphere. The break is a deep exercise in floating in space. Again, nothing too elaborate, but well placed effects and the synth delay make this another nice treat.

Daypod- Third track in a row that has this same style of underground groove. Nothing too showy just a solid bouncy rhythm.

Posted Image

Soft synths echo in the break with a nice bit of percussion. Kinda stuff that if you weren't paying attention you could miss it. The atmosphere is still good even though I would like a thicker, more layered track. 4

Half a Life- This is more of a one note bass line pounding with less atmosphere. Actually rather boring I thought.

Popup- What is this a re-run? Another boring effort that I liken to a a soft-drink. You have coke and diet coke.

This is water.

Interlude- Stupid interlude discussing how f*cked up this guy got at a party and missed studio time. That sh*t ain't free buddy.

Just Free- "I see how things go now. You just use me for my thrills."

There has been a noticeable switch towards more house rhythms and the string obligato and annoying repeating sample cements it. Ugh, I'm gonna puke this is so cheesy. Other than a massive piano riff this one is rife with cliches. Knock it off you're scaring the natives.

Posted Image

"Run away! Run away!"

This is the Love- Sure I don't care for most house style beats, but it can be done with a certain amount of funk. This one has a pretty big bass line that forces head bobbing especially when the synths come in like backup singers. The break is extended which is cool, but what you hear in the first 2 minutes is pretty much all you get.

Interlude- Stop it. Just, stop it.

Back and Forth- Bubbling bass with some nice effects. It's a stripped back track that proves sometimes less is more. Nice groove and melodies make this one a standout for me.

Reflected-

Posted Image

This came out of nowhere and is almost worth the price of the CD alone. It's like playing poker and realizing after betting the mortgage and the kid's college fund that you were dealt 4 aces. Smooth and emotional downtempo breakbeat with a pronounced bass and soft melodies twinkling throughout. Perfect way to end an album.

This CD had it's moments. It was the first album release from Denis so you have to take that into consideration. Obviously he got better as he went on as evidenced by his outstanding work on a Place To Be Real. Throw out the ridiculous interludes to start. They should've never been in there in the first place. It starts of with a bang and kinda loses it's way in the middle only to rebound strongly at the end. Really strongly. So while it didn't have the effect on me that it had on the original reviewer, I still thought it was good. Undergound grooves and well placed effects would sum it up I suppose.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk