IDM Tuesdays

abasio

I Don't Mind Tuesdays! They are incredibly random & I just can't get my head around them but they are usually pretty interesting. Like today, I wait & wait & wait at home for a delivery that never comes, I call up the Japanese delivery company & am presented with an indian speaking English for me in Japan. Random start! At work I'm surrounded by help staff from other branches of which I had met some & some were new to me. An extremely random selection of customers including my 3 worst, who all turned out okay today & some of my favourites that seemed a bit shitty. As I leave the office the world is dry but as I get off the train 5 minutes later it's pissing it down. Finally as I arrive home there is a big pile of ambient CDs waiting for me. My tuesdays remind me of IDM. IDM is incredibly random genre. I don't really think it is a genre, I mean what the hell is intelligent dance music! I can picture the birth of the term

Reporter, so what kind of music is this?

Stoned musician, well man it's kinda like dance music but not just for the body man, it's music for the brain, it's brain music.

Reporter, so it's intelligent dance music?

Stoned Musician, yeah whatever dude!!

Does this mean all other dance music is stupid dance music? Anyway, people can't seem to agree on what music fits as IDM, that's because it's not a genre, it's just a term made up by someone somewhere with no meaning to anyone.

So this lead me to make a mix showing how I feel about the "genre" There is lots of music I like that might be classified as IDM by some people & non of it seems to have any connection with other music that is also called IDM!

So here you are, a mix of IDM. I've purposely made the flow random & some very sudden out of place transitions! Hope they are not ear bleeding ones but just an expression of how I feel about IDM

Tracklist

1. Sandspider - Crisis

2. LSG - Westside

3. Kettel - Little Toungues

4. Ulrich Schnauss - Molfsee

5. Kattoo - Place 8

6. Takagi Masakatsu - Light Song

7. Secede - Folliage Pathway

8. Autechre - Clipper

9. Joseph Nothing - Twin Mother

10. Venetian Snares - Defluxion

11. Sunkings - Isle of the Departed

12. Secede - Kingdom of Hearts

13. Kettel - Every Kiss You Gave

14. Yagya - Wind & Thunder

15. Kettel - Little Duck, When is Our Day?

16. Kettel - Tomorrow?

IDM Tuesdays

Time 1:16:51

Enjoy :ph34r:

:wank: