Letter to a Major Label

Major Label

Hollywood, CA

To Whom it May Concern,

As a corporate scumbag motherfucker you are eager to buttfuck the latest trends for all they are worth – am I right. Research has shown a dramatic increase in teenage suicides in the past few years. Now you are probably wondering how to exploit this sad news. I have just the answer. Enclosed you will find my demo cd filled with dark music from hell (Minneapolis).

It is the future soundtrack for the suicidal set. This will be playing on the stereo when the police find the bodies and it will be cash in your pocket without the need to deal with a demanding consumer in the future!

Now I know that you have no taste of your own, so bare with me. This is what every goth/emo kid will buy and play as they slit their wrists. It comes from a true tortured artist (me) who has slaved away in obscurity for years with nothing more then downloads from mp3.com to show for it. When you inevitably treat me like shit and scam me I will feel like nothing has changed.

So there you have it. The perfect partnership. I'll sign my soul away to you and you will make millions.

Signed,

Music Lover (fool)

So how is Minneapolis these days?

You know KFAI FM ?

They have played my music at least once that I know of.

No idea of KFAI FM! :)

On any note, Minneapolis is pretty good. We have helluva line up this year. We've had probably like 25 big name acts come through in the last two months. It's weird. Psytrance is finally starting to move up a little bit. It's the bottom of the pit genre here. :) But alas, my friend Nate who is also a promoter tends to get things brewing especially after the infected mushroom show a few months back.

Anyways, I am out, I have a headache :(

Aaron

Devious, through what medium are the parties in minneapolis promoted? Dunno if there is any tribe.net for the psyscene there. Lemme know I've got a friend there who always complains of the lack of parties :)

Our psy scene has nothing really. It's new and fresh and just beginning. Who is your friend? We have numerous psy djs living here now. Our infamous psynews Jikkenteki is from here as well. He's dearly missed in these times where psytrance is becoming something more common on a once a month basis now here. I do not attend these. Minneapolis people suck! We're jaded, =] I miss them. Hah!

On any note, our music scene is probably mosdef in the top 3 list in the country for the talented acts that are constantly rolling through here. It's crazy how shit has changed in the last 7 years. I'm baffled.

Anyways, throw your friend my way. I like psyrats. Even if they listen to this boring monotonous "dark" stuff that's oh so popular in the states :-/

=]]]]]]]]

-d

Your wrong.

I had already decided I am going to start my own label and self-release.

People like you will never understand my dark humor.

I enjoyed writing it. :rolleyes:

So are you from Minneapolis or what?

Anyways, I still think it sounds like something that would originate here. :)

-d

So are you from Minneapolis or what?

Anyways, I still think it sounds like something that would originate here. :)

-d

I was born in Fort Meyers Florida.

I lived in Minneapolis for 12 years from 1990 to 2003, graduated from Edina High and went to the U of M. The only radio station I could stand there was 90.3 FM KFAI. It is a community radio station, they have pledge drives sometimes, but I never sent them any money so once I sent them a cdr of my music and I saw on their website that they played it once. When I left in 2003, they no longer had the electronic music show on air.