Albums like ishq/elve aka matt hilier

Chillseeker

Hi people,

I Can't wait to hear the latest album of Ishq (real name Matt hilier) when it comes out. I don't know when it will come out.

Ishq makes some the nicest chill/ambient that I ever heard. His albums like: Orchid and Magik square of the sun or outstanding and unfortunately exclusive untill now for me.. Another one he made under the group name Crystal Moon - Temple and one he made under the nick Elve - Infinite garden is also in that kind of exclusive chill/ambient style.. They r both essential for those who like Matt hilier chill/ambient style.. His music makes brings up some very chill emotions in me of the likes that I experienced when I was a child and was in some theme/fantasy park underground river floating in a boat, and there was similar kinda atmospheric music melodics.. and water trickling,.. and fantasy creatures on both shores of teh river : )..

Anyways my question does anyone else know of an artist/album/song which is made in an ambient/chill style similar to ishq,.. or perhaps in a style that you might think suits the kinda atmospheric fantasy relaxation sensation im talking about? Thank you :)

The only ambient you ever need

the holy grail aka "Twisted of ambient" would have to be

Global Communication - Pentamerous Metamorphosis

These sort of records have just one fault. They're so good other stuff will lose it's appeal and become redundant.

If you still wanna keep on listening to ishq and the likes I suggest not hearing Global Communication. Especially I ask you to avoid Delta Phase.

-opio-

Thank you I will certainly not listen to your advice of not listening to this,..the temptation is too high guess.. but the msuic I just mentioned is very special and powerful and it chills me so much so if your saying it will look bad compared to global communication then lets hope I wont freeze down

Guest The Journey Man Project

This is the only answer for your question:

http://www.databloem.com/

a lot of them can be found at www.saikosounds.com

that;s cool... I was looking for something similar to Ishq's projectas weel and bought the three compilations from them, was blown away by them and now own the entire Databloem catalogue... am saving to buy the Practising Nature ones now :D

that;s cool... I was looking for something similar to Ishq's projectas weel and bought the three compilations from them, was blown away by them and now own the entire Databloem catalogue... am saving to buy the Practising Nature ones now :D

Hey thats nice,

Which one of those series do you think is most closest to ishq's kinda style? Coz i have listened to opium - watercolors and found to be a bit too creepy ambient, stuff youd hear in some secret dark lab underground.. I want to feel like im in some kinda guardens of peace and bliss,.. like the one in your avatar ;)

Thanks for recommending Databloem, at first I thought it was okay but not inspired but they really really grew on me. Fantastic music.

Ok so anymore artists/songs/albums that are similar to ishq kinda chill/ambient style? Databloem seems a good advice.. but which one of them r close to siqh ambient style,.. coz i listened to opium - water colors from that label and that was to cold and dark compared to ishq's calm trickling water angelsynths and sounds style

Ok so anymore artists/songs/albums that are similar to ishq kinda chill/ambient style? Databloem seems a good advice.. but which one of them r close to siqh ambient style,.. coz i listened to opium - water colors from that label and that was to cold and dark compared to ishq's calm trickling water angelsynths and sounds style

See if you like anything here

Guest The Journey Man Project

Fro Databloem I'd reccomend the following albums:

Off The Sky - "Gently Down The Stream" (Really uplifting)

Mutagene - "Sleeping Posession" (Quirky dub)

Spieleri & Mantacoup -"Wichman and Other Pieces"

and I'd go for Collection 2 & 3... colleciton one is really long trtacks (15 minutes or more) and a bit glitchy quirky.. the other have more variety and a bit more organic...

I love all their stuff tho hehe

Yo Chillseeker!

I was thinking of this thread today & decided to recommend you some music

I made this mix for you. You probably know some of the tracks (the ishq ones) and not everything here is the organic feel you were after, some of it's a bit more melodic, a bit spacey at times but give it a listen & tell me if you like anything on it.

I got a little carried away though & it's nearly 3 and a half hours long :P

Yo Chillseeker!

I was thinking of this thread today & decided to recommend you some music

I made this mix for you. You probably know some of the tracks (the ishq ones) and not everything here is the organic feel you were after, some of it's a bit more melodic, a bit spacey at times but give it a listen & tell me if you like anything on it.

I got a little carried away though & it's nearly 3 and a half hours long :P

OMg this is amazing, i don't know how to thank you! :) I am about to go to bed I am so tired,.. and today I have to wake up at 4.45 in the morning :( I am gonna put this mix on now and space out to it and then I will play it tomorrow again ;) and I will post again .. btw this album elemental journey I also alreayd have.. I tried to find and get as much from matt hilier as possible.

thanks again :clapping:

Check out the VA's Intermittent Memories - Compiled By Pete Pan from Celestial Dragon Records, Midnight Soul Dive from Aleph Zero Records and Bioluminescence due out next week from Native State Records. Also maybe check out Anahata's new album The Unmade Sound.

This has been a really great year so far :)

OMg this is amazing, i don't know how to thank you! :) I am about to go to bed I am so tired,.. and today I have to wake up at 4.45 in the morning :( I am gonna put this mix on now and space out to it and then I will play it tomorrow again ;) and I will post again .. btw this album elemental journey I also alreayd have.. I tried to find and get as much from matt hilier as possible.

thanks again :clapping:

Wow! Just hope it is useful now :unsure:

It was definitely useful :D.. It slided me into my sleep without me even noticing :) Today when I woke up b4 going to work I liked it... the mix was on and it started my day with a very calm and chill atmosphere.. thanks for that :P . This mix is so long that I think it would take many days b4 I fully explore the paths it could take me.. I heard a few songs on this mix which I know wasnt from ishq but It still suited the atmoshpere and it was also very nice to hear.. I have the playlist so I think ill manage to find out which songs are wich.. thanks again I will post on this topic again.. in the meanwhile I still hope there could be other great tips as for this thread's main issue.. pardon my english im tired and non english.. Ok cheers everyone good luck in this week with work and stuff.. talk to yaz again :)

Check out the VA's Intermittent Memories - Compiled By Pete Pan from Celestial Dragon Records, Midnight Soul Dive from Aleph Zero Records and Bioluminescence due out next week from Native State Records. Also maybe check out Anahata's new album The Unmade Sound.

This has been a really great year so far :)

ok thank you zenfountain and journeyman this definetley makes me happy to see some good ideas.. thank you for helping

• 2 weeks later...

So anymore ideas :D I feel like keeping this thread alive incase there is people who think they know more music that I might like.. @ Abasio, I really love your mix and its definetly gonna be trough my speakers for a long time still :) thnk you

Thanks!

In the future I will be making some more ambient mixes too :)