The CARP!

alleycat

Silly.... Really silly. Should put a smile on your face. If you think this is DARK psytrance, CLEAN YOUR BRAIN OUT!!! :P

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...FC990743AFE38BF

Its 154 bpm, so its a bit fast, but give it a try before you say its too fast.

Made with Renoise Tracker, Synth1 vst, reFX Claw, a 303 bass sample, various percussion samples, and some silly, silly samples from a (OMFG Killer DARKKK) horror movie. Free high quality .wav version to whoever can name the source of "The Carp!" :lol:

(I posted the previous version on here, I think I called it something else though... But, Mods, if I somehow made another topic when I didn't need to, you know what to do... ;) )

Hehe I like how you play with the bassline. The tracks is kind of mysterious at start, but groovy :) Actually the track reminds me of some of my old work that I used to make in fruityloops.

Overall I like it, maybe a bit more mastering would do. Or maybe that's just .wma's fault.

yeah the bass needs a tiny bit of tweaking before I would call it mastered. And the .wma never helps...

I didn't listen to the converted file before uploading, maybe theres some artifacts from conversion... The 16 bit .wav output direct from Renoise sounds pretty good.

Thats what I converted from, 44khz 16 bit .wav. So its not even as high quality as it could be. That'll come later...

Thanks for listening! Thanks for the compliments too! :D

Hey Tom,

listening..

interesting groove. The rythmic patterns are kind of complex - also the kick rythm gets very - so I guess this would be not that well suited for a dancefloor, rather for home listening. I think the percussion is kind of clicky and noisy, I think this is sometimes distracting.

That thin gated fm riff is even a little too thin for my taste.

The bass could get a little more upfront as said.

You made a nice use of the samples, they could be pushed a little more into the foreground of the mix, they are rather silent right now, just a little bit of compression should help.

The melody towards the end is nice, although again a little thin I think.

You were right, this is a very twisted track and I admit that I am not really in the mood for it right now. Though I have to say you managed to create some interesting rythms here. Some stuff is getting too much to the limit mix-wise. I suggest you turn down some of the levels. But overall a very unique track,k-ban was right, for true psychos :)

Thanks for the tips Lars! Yeah, I got some work ahead...

Ive been having difficulty with that lead, the reFX Claw seems to be pretty limiting in regards to 'fatness'... Im thinking I need to just scrap the Claw and put in a different instrument... It would work well as a background synth or fx... Maybe I need to stop putting it off and actually just buy some good VSTi's...