Rare albums?!?!

Guest PsyKick

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering right now: which psytrance albums do you consider has real collector items and why??

I own only one album that I consider being a rare album: KoxBox - Dragon Tales. Maybe Pleiadians - IFO...

What about you guys?

P.S.: Sorry for the crappy english =/

Guest DeeperNETWERK

Etnica - Alien Protein (original)

Hux Flux - Cryptic Crunch

Mystery of the Yeti I

TIP - Mystical Experiences

Hallucinogen - Twisted (original)

Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation

Juno Reactor - Beyond the Infinite

Planet BEN - Trippy Future Garden

I'm sure there are more that i'm forgetting.

Why are they collectors? Cause this is the beginning! These guys layed it down first, and then everyone else followed. (except hux flux.. though it was one of the first of it's kind) These are the roots of psytrance, they were the ones who defined it for us. Old school forever! : D

Pleidians - IFO

X-Dream- Radio (Blueroom original)

Electric Universe - One Love

Order Odonata Vol.1 (Dragonfly)

and am sure there are many more, just can't be buggered running upstairs to check.

Guest Jikkenteki

Hallucinogen - Twisted (original)

Juno Reactor - Beyond the Infinite

Both of these appear on Ebay fairly regularly. The colored vinyl version of Twisted I have ever seen twice in the last couple months. Anything Pleidians or X-Dream seems to be rare and take in some serious cash, as does the TIP colors series. For me the hardest find I have gotten so far was finding Juno's "Bible of Dreams" on vinyl which took over a year of searching. Same for the first Joujouka album.

The one record I REALLY want and can't find is Prana Geomantik. I saw one guy with it for like $60, but I didn't have the cash at the time and had to let it go (cries).... I also am dying for Legal Mission - Alchemy too.

Hallucinogen - Space Pussy is another one I know several people who would give body parts for.

Guest Hallucinogenious

and offcourse the orange,blue,etc collections of Tip

does anyone knows where i can find them ?

i have a Tip Trip 5,6 at Nova Tekk, it rocks .. its old and has killer tracks from The Infinity Project,Total Eclipse,GMS,Psychopod ...

I also have trip to trancesylvania and radio from x-dream....

And Aaron Surewood, i don't know your preferences but for me is an average album(trip to trancesylvia).... But there are some gems here like trancesylvania x press, the 5th dimension, time begins tomorrow and live fast die young.

So go and buy the damn cd!!!! :-)

A lot of this stuff DOES come up on ebay a lot... tends to get sold quickly where there's a "buy it now" option.

I've picked up tons of crap on there over the years.

rennis i know where you can find that prana 4LP but it aint cheap :(

the sad fact is - anything pre99 is pretty much rare by now. vinyl is like comic books - if improperly cared for it goes bad. thusly the value on any remaining copy skyrockets, especially considering the relatively low amount of records pressed in the first place. but thats what makes it a fun hobby, this collecting bizness :)

two of the rarest items in goa history are on dragonfly - one is the 12" pleiadians promo with alcyone on one side and an etched drawing of the pleiadians (star cluster) on the opposite side. 100 or 200 copies only. the other rare dragonfly 12" i can think of is the muses rapt - spiritual healing (original pressing with "remix" - not the 2LP doublepack)... that one i've got ;)

Guest Jikkenteki

basilisk wrote-

"one is the 12" pleiadians promo with alcyone on one side and an etched drawing of the pleiadians (star cluster) on the opposite side. 100 or 200 copies only."

If I remember correctly that was just up on ebay a couple weeks ago. The buy it now option was well over $100 if I remember right and it vanished right away, so someone was willing to spend the money for it.

Jaimz-

Outside of the copy I got (which was never publicly listed as being on sale), the only other time I ever saw Space Pussy for sale it was listed somewhere around $40 (and it sold too). I've never seen that record on Ebay though.

Flying Rhino 1 I have seen up a few times. Matsuri 1 is up every once and awhile too. I got both of mine to not too much.

As far as getting these classics, I've found that luck and good search skills on Ebay is a major factor. For example I've managed to get bot TIP Yellow and TIP Orange for about $25 each due to sellers not knowing how to properly label their records for the search engine. In the case of Yellow, I was the only person to even bid on it cuz it was so poorly labeled noone knew it was up (the seller told me I was lucky as the last copy he sold went for over $80). There are basically two kinds of sellers of goa on Ebay. One is the guys who know what they have and are fans. They know what they are selling and the prices match accordingly. The other are the various used record shops that just randomly get stuff in and sell it. Obviously their selection is hit and miss, but if you can find these guys, their prices are often better because they have no idea what they have or how to label it correctly for a search. Another important thing as far as Ebay is concerned is the time of the year. Mid Jan through March is terrilbly slow on Ebay as far as buyers go, so you can get much better deals then as compared to now (the beginning of the x-mas rush) or the beginning of summer when there are a ton of people bidding on stuff.

Ahh, the trials of a vinyl addiction....

Guest Quasarta

Hey guy's,

Lost of those clasic albums you name have been stolen out of my car in june 2002. I had to exchange/replace those albums with mp3 stuff. I know that's not half as good as the originals, but i still it's some kind of a replacement. I do still have the original covers.

About Rare albums, lots of unreleased albums have been stolen at the same time, These can't be replaced :(((

peace

Q

I own only 3 vinyls but i cant listen to them since i don´t have a turntable. I don´t know much about them but i´ll list them here, i guess they are probably pretty rare but im not sure if they are collectors items since im not a collector =).

Deviancy: In too deep/Lunatic concept, Aquatec Records 1995

Rainbow spirit feat. Sangeet: Sirius shuttle/Aquarium spirit, ??

Acid Rockers: Interform/there can be only two, AAA Recordings 1996

Guest Jikkenteki

I keep hearing that GNOTR - Rock Bitch Mafia is hard to find, but I seem to run into it al over. I have seen it up at Saiko Sounds new a few times in the last year (which is where I got it) as well as seeing people with it on their trade lists. Off hand I know it is for sale here....

http://wk1.gemm.com/c/search.pl?sid=302416...fno=GML12413918