My New Live setup.

@ Otto

At ebay or in Synth magazines :) Be prepared to pay around 1000 dollars for an unmodded one. (Without midi)

1500 with MIDI...

but well, there are tons of 303 clones available, few of them build the same way with nearly the same components (without a stepsequencer though), sounding very very close.

thats the reason roland can never build 303s again, so many companies depend on it.

check them clones out if you want, depending on which model you want, you can get one at ebay for 100€ already (mam mb33), heres a comparison, samples provided:

http://www.ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/samples.html

the comparison is on a 303 clone manufacturer though site, claiming his 303 (which comes as construction kit) to be the best anyway.

1500 with MIDI...

but well, there are tons of 303 clones available, few of them build the same way with nearly the same components (without a stepsequencer though), sounding very very close.

thats the reason roland can never build 303s again, so many companies depend on it.

check them clones out if you want, depending on which model you want, you can get one at ebay for 100€ already (mam mb33), heres a comparison, samples provided:

http://www.ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/samples.html

the comparison is on a 303 clone manufacturer though site, claiming his 303 (which comes as construction kit) to be the best anyway.

Roland used 2 circuit chips that didnt belong to Roland, and that is why they can not build them again afaik. :)

then nimo, whats ur method of playin live??

Right now, that my beta version of the 808 expired, and I can not get it working again, i dont know! :D

Basically, I will assign diffrent buttons to trigger diffrent loops and patterns in Live. Pretty much as you would do with an oldschool hardware sequencer. This way, the live will be more.. most a live can be with one person I guess. I have 2 midi controllers that I am bringing to gigs as well :) Its kind of not all studied out yet, but I have the basics and I think it sounds cool.

This is not psytrance at all, its pure acid or acid trance, some tracks are even just minimal madness :)

I will make a recording of the first gig and post it :)

Also, the other beauty of it is, that no one liveset will sound the same :)

Right now, that my beta version of the 808 expired, and I can not get it working again, i dont know! :D

Basically, I will assign diffrent buttons to trigger diffrent loops and patterns in Live. Pretty much as you would do with an oldschool hardware sequencer. This way, the live will be more.. most a live can be with one person I guess. I have 2 midi controllers that I am bringing to gigs as well :) Its kind of not all studied out yet, but I have the basics and I think it sounds cool.

This is not psytrance at all, its pure acid or acid trance, some tracks are even just minimal madness :)

I will make a recording of the first gig and post it :)

Also, the other beauty of it is, that no one liveset will sound the same :)

Cool..

how long will u playin? yeah it will not be so tough with minimal. n one person is enough if u r not playin melodies n putin effects i think. r u playin only ur tracx or remixin da original or playing live in between. n e way waiting for da video to see u jumpin from keyboard to keyboard :D

Cool..

how long will u playin? yeah it will not be so tough with minimal. n one person is enough if u r not playin melodies n putin effects i think. r u playin only ur tracx or remixin da original or playing live in between. n e way waiting for da video to see u jumpin from keyboard to keyboard :D

I am trying to make it a 1.5 hours live, with old tracks remixed as well. Only my own stuff yes :) There is going to be a video recording of the whole thing as well :)