Faxi's Psytrance Musician Contact Sheet

Excel project with extensive music industry contact list focusing on psytrance and electronic music. Labels, radios, net radios, online promotion spots. Full and detailed contacts including addresses, emails, instant messaging contacts and more. Hundreds of contacts in total. This product is a digital download, once purchase is made you will recieve the excel sheets.

Perfect for electronic musicians, labels, promotors and the like. Focus of the project is on the psytrance scene.

Often updated, available as a current version purchase or a lifetime subscription:

current:

http://www.faxinadu.net/shop/index.php?act...amp;productId=4

lifetime:

http://www.faxinadu.net/shop/index.php?act...mp;productId=26

I'm quoteing from what i said in the disccusion about this on psyforum uk:

current version 3 includes:

- labels tab with 215 label contacts

- radios tab with 80 contacts

- shops tab with 36 contacts

- distros tab with 21 contacts

- online promotion spots 108 websites

- organisers/venue tab with 70 contacts

- magazines/ezines tab with 45 contacts

- agency tab with 8 contacts

version 4 already in the works with:

- updates to all current tabs and better organisation.

- new tabs: city guides, essentials, hosting.

i am a psytrance artist wroking the internet angle for the past 5 years or so, releasing paid and free releases with netoulets, playing on netradios and such. This list grew out of a need for personal use, and i decided to sell it to try to fund a faxi nadu cd album, and also as a way to contribute to the psy scene as much as that may sound corny.

This is not an email database, but more a relevant site and contacts database. each tab has relevant info depending on the type of contact. If it a label you will have addresses and emails and urls in there in order to send demos. For the online promotion tab you have just the website link and its type (forum/community/mp3site) etc.

i use this database to run my own project (faxi nadu, postunder, fsor, elmooht) and again the databse grew initially out of a personall need.

After deciding to make it into a sale product, i spent a long time researching and digging for more and more in order to make it something respectable and of selling appeal.

thanks for the good vibes death posture eh <_<

Well, that's all fine and dandy...

Having all the stuff in one place would be handy I guess... I just don't see why you should sell mostly public information. Also I've had my e-mail sold a couple of times - which in our current spam-filled world didn't exactly make the initial contact smoother.

That's all.

/DP

look, of course its public information, but the whole point is to speed up the process of "office work" for a musician. Lets say you want to send demos, sure you can research all label sites for adresses, but this thing has nice and neat in excel format label by label catagorized with style, url, name, address. just a huge timesaver i think. this way u send only to the labels in your style, and you dont waste time digging for addresses, and if u need to follow up anything, u just email or check the url, all direct from th sheet. this is just one example of the usability of such a thing.

and this will not fall into the hands of any promotion company. you think a spammer would spend money for just a few hundred emails? this is GENRE SPECIFIC for psytrance and electronic music, and has by far greater value to a psy act than to any spammer.

personally i not only dont see the problem, but think this is the best product i came up with, and i have had some other proojects i spent a lot on like the cw modular stash, and still this is number one.

ok so months of research, based on years of experiance and knowledge, and working in front of excel instead of making music, should be for free?

i don't get this. as someone who HAS given almost all his projects for free from samplepacks to mod devices to prior contact links stuff, not to mention my music, this kinda rubs me the wrong way when u say that.

At NEO, we are gathering exactly the same information, and we have about as much as you probably have, but for us we will release it for free. In WEB format, as PDF and Excel.

I am with Mr DP here, that this information should be free... We all need to stick together in order to survive this bloodsucking industrie, you know?

nothing "should" be free.

if someone is kind enough to rpovide something for free, say thank you and have fun. if they ask for money, either buy it or not, this is where your choice is at eh. no one is forcing anyone to anything, and honestly i find your argument invalid. this is a simple thing designed to help an artist and website projects, and let people who want to support these projects lend a few bucks without "donating", and i'm sad this is taken as something else.

nothing "should" be free.

if someone is kind enough to rpovide something for free, say thank you and have fun. if they ask for money, either buy it or not, this is where your choice is at eh. no one is forcing anyone to anything, and honestly i find your argument invalid. this is a simple thing designed to help an artist and website projects, and let people who want to support these projects lend a few bucks without "donating", and i'm sad this is taken as something else.

we just have a different perception on things, and it is not a critic towards your personally. Hopefully you will make some bucks from this... :) We just consider not taking money for public domain information, as we didnt pay for it in the first place either :) Of course, your work with putting it nicely in an excel sheet is worth the money for you, and therefor you want get something back... so, same thing, different story :)

even if i sell some, do you really think this will make me rich? i mean come on realisticly, maybe ill sell 10?

just hoping to raise some capital to be able to keep projects lilke our fsor netradio running.

i also want to add that while the substance might be in public domain, the service is what im selling here.

and from what i know about business, service is something people sell all the time no? ;)

i also want to add that while the substance might be in public domain, the service is what im selling here.

and from what i know about business, service is something people sell all the time no? ;)

Yeah, and I have actually invested in a book (directory) with a LOT of contacts in it as well... :D

yes man, and i have bought the Indie Bible book for $50 myself ;).... and haven't even found it useful :P

how about you give me your excel sheet, and then if I find it useful, ill give you the dough?! ;):lol:

Just wanted to add my opinion, for what it's worth. I don't think it's unethical to want to sell something you've worked hard on and believe would be of value to people, whether the information is public or not. If I were in a position to need that information, I would gladly pay someone for a nice crisp package rather than spending the hours to do it myself. If I look at the hours I spend doing any sort of work as billable hours - say I charge $20 an hour for this sort of work - and it takes 10 hours to compile the exact same information, that's $200 that someone theoretically owes me. Which means if Postunder's catalog is anything less than that, it's worth it. And if it sells for, say, a quarter of that, or $50, then I know I've got a huge bargain and have saved lots of time in the process. My two cents.

Someone owes me $2.02 for writing this. :D

I wouldn´t be bother to try this sheet... ;)

My 2 cents here: I bet this heet is very usefull. But I guess u could use this sheet by yourslef to provide a better service. Like offering to new artists some marketing service. Maybe spreading this sheet, could get back to u many more contacts for your radio, then selling it..

v4 is released, major updates to distros, mags and venues tabs, as well as additional updates to the other sectons, now with:

217 labels

77 radios

42 shops

107 distros

121 online forums/portals

101 venues/organisers

107 magazines/e-zines

8 agencies

+ new travel tab (now includes just city guides but to be developed)

current:

http://www.faxinadu.net/shop/index.php?act...amp;productId=4

lifetime:

http://www.faxinadu.net/shop/index.php?act...mp;productId=26