SB Live 5.1

Hi! Here's my problem.

I have to choose between two soundcards.

Both are SB Live 5.1, but one is model SB0060 and the

other one is SB0100. I heard only that the SB0060 is better

for modding. Did anyone have expirience with some of the above?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

i have sound blaster live ! 5.1 24-bit...it's quite good sound card but not so good for music making...yeah i've heard that it can be modded - just install drivers for audigy should works fine on it....

but...i dream about better card even maya II ... sound blaster is quite sucky in producing i think :(

so if you have any possibilities and enough money buy something else than sb live

e-mu audiophile is very very good promoted by musicians :)

better cards cheap means approximetely about 125 $ (i counted from plns so i may be wrong)

the chepeast better card i think is MAYA mrk II but this is also nothing special but very better from sb live and i think better from audigy...if you are ready to spent few more bucks i think that one the m-audio audiophiles models would be the best choise . Also counting from plns it can be bought by aproximetaly 230 $ ... but i think you want regret it...very fast and stabile asio,high samplerates and low noises and sound destrucion profile...

i dream about one of this but i wont have one so fast unfortunetly :(

first of all i have to buy midicontroller :)

SB is a complete waste of money for music. You are seriously better off buying an older sound card from a better company (even 2nd hand), than buying a Sound Blaster.

I've found lots of good deals on older 20 bit sound cards from Echo on eBay. Got a barely used Echo Gina 20 bit with break out box (4 in / 4 out) for a friend for like $65 US. I have yet to be disappointed with an Echo product, having now used 2 different soundcards from them.

If you can't afford a decent soundcard....wait until you can... seriously! The difference is very well worth it.

i had a SBlive 5.1 with asio4all in it , never got problems with it.produced "Metamorphosis" with it.

Now im a proud owner of a Terratec DMX6Fire , cant even compare with creative.

627905[/snapback]

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but notice you had to use 3rd party drivers to get it to run properly. I've done the asio4all route with SB card as well, with mixed results. And what if asio4all decided tomorrow that they were done, or wanted to charge for the drivers. What about when problems arise later on?

For any piece of computer equipment I buy, I always check out their support section, & see what problems people are running into. But more importantly, I see how responsive the support is to fix problems, and how often they are issuing updates to address known issues, etc. It's nice when it works out of the box, but when it doesn't, what kind of help are you going to get?

Buddha thanks for a positive reply!

627919[/snapback]

sure you can have luck and your system runs well with a sb...

but the amount of threads i read, just made me tell you better go for something else.

i also recommended all those ppl to use asio4all, and with a few ppl it worked, others still search for a solution.