If you had to make a choice...

the situation is that Mr Posford can only make one more album - for whatever reason..lets say the world gonna end.. so you havea choice

Hallucinogen

Sphongle

Celtic Cross

Younger Brother

i may have missed another alter-ego but ther u go:)

whats your choice then?

me i'm gonna have to say Sphongled hands down:)

Guest bugbread

Shponogen.

I'm sure a new Hallucinogen album would be incredible, but it would be more of the same incredible. A new Shpongle would probably be a NEW kind of incredible. So I'd go for the variety.

I would vote for locking process and simon in a room and force them to make a full Beast album!!

Its such a travesty that we only got to hear 2 beast tracks and thats it.

more beast please

telxos

Lurk,

that's really interesting, i've always wondered why there weren't more beast tracks. i think those two beast tracks are some of the best tracks either one of them ever did. do you know what happened? please tell!

Yea i know it will never happen, i guess in some sense it makes those 2 gems all the more special.

One thing that is weird is I dont like process solo stuff at all but my 2 all time fav psy tracks are beast - spawn and process and tristan - dealing with demons.

Im also starting to think we have heard the best of what simon can do. Really how can he possibly top what hes already done.

Guest bugbread

I'm not sure if he can top it in the conventional sense (after all, I highly suspect that if he came out with more pure Hallucinogen genius, everyone would be disappointed that either "it sounds the same as old Hallucinogen, there's nothing new" or "He changed his sound; why did he mess with perfection?")

He CAN, however, top it by moving laterally. That's what he did with Shpongle. He made a peak of psy music (I won't call it THE peak because there are a few other albums I consider equal to his), and then he went sideways and made peaks of psy-ambient with Shpongle (the only other psy-ambient "peak" I know of is Shulman)