FSOL/Amorphous Androgynous

seraph

propably the translations!

i dont like ebay. :unsure:  any online shops that sell it new maybe ?? :)

594516[/snapback]

once again, check ebay. there's lots of online shops there too. Or maybe www.amazon.com ? Albums are still out there everywhere! By the way, I buy a LOT off ebay... I'm getting addicted.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange how very little people have heard about FSOL and The Orb, considering very small number of votes in both polls...  :unsure:

595304[/snapback]

Indeed, the youth is so uneducated these days. My oh my. This is the essence of psychedelia, if you ask me.

What about favorite tracks?

I guess I'll go for Papue New Guinea, My Kingdom, Vertical Pig.

595742[/snapback]

Ummm, there are too many to name them... :rolleyes:

Papua New Guinea OBVIOUSLY... despite it being quite easily accessible or something. One of my favorites is Among Myselves. Most psychedelic stuff, I think that most of the people jumped out of their chairs the first time they heard it loud. :) Egypt, Smoking Japanese Babe, My Kingdom, Cascade ... oooh and lots more! :D

Ummmm, okay...

PAPUA NEW GUINEA

IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM

CASCADE

DEAD SKIN SHELLS

AMONG MYSELVES

SPINELESS JELLY

VERTICAL PIG

OMNIPRESENCE

SLIDER

SMOKIN' JAPANESE BABE

EYES POP, SKIN EXPLODE, EVERYBODY DEAD

IT'S MY MIND THAT WORKS

SNAKE HIPS

DEAD CITIES

WE HAVE EXPLOSIVE

EVERYONE IN THE WORLD IS DOING SOMETHING WITHOUT ME

MY KINGDOM

QUAGMIRE

IN A STATE OF PERMANENT ABYSS

THROUGH YOUR GILLS I BREATHE

:rolleyes:B):ph34r:

Ummmm, okay...

PAPUA NEW GUINEA

:rolleyes:  B)  :ph34r:

595830[/snapback]

I have papua new guinea with a second cd full of remixes of the song

so I heard it too much and don't like it anymore :(

my fav track would be: Omnipresence fosure!

I have papua new guinea with a second cd full of remixes of the song

so I heard it too much and don't like it anymore  :(

my fav track would be: Omnipresence fosure!

596146[/snapback]

You mean you have PAPUA NEW GUINEA singles ?

I understand for a track to be worn off, but that would never affect me liking it or stop liking it... ;)

You mean you have PAPUA NEW GUINEA singles ?

I understand for a track to be worn off, but that would never affect me liking it or stop liking it... ;)

596199[/snapback]

ACCELERATOR DELUXE :unsure:

there are tracks that I can listen to hunderds (even thousands) of times and never get tired of...I just don't think papua new guinea has that longetivity...all IMHO of course ;)

ACCELERATOR DELUXE  :unsure:

there are tracks that I can listen to hunderds (even thousands) of times and never get tired of...I just don't think papua new guinea has that longetivity...all IMHO of course  ;)

596215[/snapback]

Huh, there are some remixes I have never heard of... I surely wouldn't be bored with it, looking at the tracklist... :rolleyes:

Much respect to Seraph: I just got Cascade EP in the mail and man: this is excellent stuff. It's like a >half hour version of Cascade. Amazing! I'm awaiting 'My Kingdom' and 'We have Explosive' as well, the others I couldn't get my hands on yet. I think those are 'the Far out Son of Lung and the Ramblings of a Madman' and 'Lifeforms: paths". I think there's also a remixalbum of Papua New Guinea (I have the translations already) but I don't really know if that one's worth getting. Thanks seraph! :D

I just got Cascade EP in the mail and man: this is excellent stuff. It's like a >half hour version of Cascade. Amazing! I'm awaiting 'My Kingdom' and 'We have Explosive' as well, the others I couldn't get my hands on yet.

599356[/snapback]

Totally agree! Old FSOL and Amorphous stuff is excellent! I wish they were still producing stuff like this...! Anyway, what they made back then is "timeless" stuff that I still play often... Even in my chill dj sets.

Totally agree! Old FSOL and Amorphous stuff is excellent! I wish they were still producing stuff like this...! Anyway, what they made back then is "timeless" stuff that I still play often... Even in my chill dj sets.

599398[/snapback]

Same here. I love cranking up the volume and putting on 'Among Myselves' just to creep people out. And maybe to ease their minds, after that something really sweet, hehehe. :P

Btw: I must admit I never really got into Amorphous Androgynous... I don't know, they really couldn't reach the same heights they did when producing as FSOL.

Btw: I must admit I never really got into Amorphous Androgynous... I don't know, they really couldn't reach the same heights they did when producing as FSOL.

599405[/snapback]

I didn't like the latest releases by Amorphous Androgynous either, and especially not the live show I saw of them in Sweden a couple of years ago... Still, the Tales Of Ephidrina album from 1993 is a good classic if you ask me...

http://www.discogs.com/release/1719

Much respect to Seraph: I just got Cascade EP in the mail and man: this is excellent stuff. It's like a >half hour version of Cascade. Amazing! I'm awaiting 'My Kingdom' and 'We have Explosive' as well, the others I couldn't get my hands on yet. I think those are 'the Far out Son of Lung and the Ramblings of a Madman' and 'Lifeforms: paths". I think there's also a remixalbum of Papua New Guinea (I have the translations already) but I don't really know if that one's worth getting. Thanks seraph!  :D

599356[/snapback]

GET THEM ALL. They are all great. Translations is the most weaker of all of their singles but it is still worth getting. ;)B)

• 4 weeks later...