wtf?

lumpi

Has anyone bought "Mantrix - Universal" from Subrecords? My copy only has one track which is lasting... can´t remember exactly, about 70 minutes. So you can´t skip through the tracks, and the best of all is... it´s not even mixed!!! What the hell is that crap? Psyshop (from which I bought it) cancelled it and put it back to the "coming soon" section. Has anyone any clue on what´s up with that? Is it a promo CD or what?

Hi DP, thanks for your feedback. I just mailed Psyshop and they told me it´s a pressing failure and the whole batch has been called back by the producer because of that. They don´t know when the new batch will arrive though. So anyone who got a bad copy as well should return it. You´ll get your money back then.

Faze, you WON!!

544426[/snapback]

Bah!

Psyshop says 5 CDs with the defect went out to customers. I can return it for a refund, but have to pay shipping. Almost not worth sending back. :(

Anyone have the .CUE file from the correct CD? I could at least use that file to split up my 1 .wav to a CD-R to listen to.

Please? :D

Anyone have the .CUE file from the correct CD? I could at least use that file to split up my 1 .wav to a CD-R to listen to.

Please?  :D

544809[/snapback]

No idea what an ecu file is, yet you can cut the track into pieces with soundforge or anything similar. It´s a bit annoying but it´s not really hard to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi gang,

I just wanted to write a quick note here thanking Mantrix and SUB records. They took care of me on the defective Universal CD by sending me a replacement all the way from Aussie.

That was very cool of them, and I appreciate it greatly.

Thanks again Mantrix and Andrew. B)

f

For free? Damn you're lucky, I had to send it back to Psyshop, having to pay the postage also. That's what I really hate about them, you also have to pay it yourself, even when THEY had made a mistake and sent you a wrong CD. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often.

For free? Damn you're lucky, I had to send it back to Psyshop, having to pay the postage also. That's what I really hate about them, you also have to pay it yourself, even when THEY had made a mistake and sent you a wrong CD. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often.

564687[/snapback]

Don't you have any applicable consumer right laws in Germany? In Sweden a company that made such a mistake would have to pay the postage, but you will of course have to tell them your rights or they will ignore them.

Actually, I was wondering about it myself, I guess we certainly have something like that. Hmm, next time I'll tell them to fuck off and better pay for it themselves... B)

564687[/snapback]

Yeah, Psyshop said the same to me, so I just kept the defective one. I got lucky and saw Mantrix online here at Psynews and sent him a PM about it. They were nice enough to rectify the mistake. Cheers!